Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at 4600 miles, the car has seen rain once and spends it its off time in the garage under a cover. Last time i washed the car i was drying under the hood and noticed that the paint near the hinge on the inner fender and on the bottom edge of the hood had for lack of a better description fisheyed and come off in small spots exposing the ecoat. I contacted the dealer sent the photos to Chrysler along with a photo of the roof trim disforming. Everything is being fixed under warranty i was just wondering if anyone had the same issues. This only the paint that has no clear coat.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Had the same issue in the same spots on my 2009 hemi orange.....showed up at about 6600 miles.....also fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The ugly fish eyes rear there heads again...I have them in the rain channels under hood (fende channel) of my 09 since day one. Have not gotten repaired yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought those fisheyes were all part of the Challenger experience. I have had mine along with mis aligned tail lights from day one.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i dont know what fisheye means.
Fisheye is a term used buy painters and paint suppliers and refers to a defect that is usually caused by the paint being applied over a surface that has not been sufficiently cleansed of oils or grease. The result is an area that has tiny dots where the paint will not lay down and actually pulls away from the oil exposing the undercoat or primer. They have a slightly glossy and rough texure and look like the eyes of a fish. A fisheye eliminator additive can be added to the paint when it's being applied to help prevent this. Check this link out for a look.
Google Image Result for http://www.ronjoseph.com/expert_witness/images/auto_paint_orange_peel_lg.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts