Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm swapping my hood out shortly and want to get new stickers/decals black circles that the stops/adjusters hit that are on my factory hood, anyone know the part number?

Regards,
Jim

Green Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Auto part
Automotive exterior Auto part Hood

Reactions: us1champ

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
If you pop those parts out, the part number may be molded into it on the backside/underside. Have you tried that?

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
If not, try 68480091AB

Text Auto part Diagram Line art Technical drawing Text Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks I'll check it out and see, although they look like stickers, current hood is heat extractor, new hood is a Demon and there are no holes in those locations

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Hi,

Thanks I'll check it out and see, although they look like stickers, current hood is heat extractor, new hood is a Demon and there are no holes in those locations

Regards,
Jim
they are vinyl stickers, if you remove it you won't get it to stick. no number on them

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are vinyl stickers, if you remove it you won't get it to stick. no number on them
So is the above the part number, if not do you have a part number for them

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts
The 68480091AB shows as this

I'd just find some round adhesive vinyl. Measure the circles and search for self adhesive black round vinyl (size)

Etc

A Guy

Reactions: Frank Julian

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
The 68480091AB shows as this
View attachment 1005236

I'd just find some round adhesive vinyl. Measure the circles and search for self adhesive black round vinyl (size)

Etc

A Guy
<sigh>

it showed as #30 on a picture of at least 30 parts from their website. I zoomed in to check what #30 looked like, but the pixels of the image were larger than the things they purported to actually be. I took a guess. Given the price, I still feel like I have a 50/50 chance of being correct.

But it's all theoretical to me anyway, as my hood bumpers are on the hood, and what they contact when closed is merely an indention in the radiator cover plastic piece. I guess the 2015+ refresh brought an upgrade to how all that works...it doesn't seem to me to be much of an upgrade if it's just a sticker, but they didn't ask my opinion when they decided on the design, so what I think ultimately does not matter.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to storing my wedding ring in my bump stop indentions...can y'all's fancy stickers store a wedding ring??? No? Well, that's a danged shame!! 😆

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all,

Found this part number: 68247787AA thinking its the part I am after

Reards,
Jim

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just checked @stevewhite it's $0.66 that has to be it... You know if it was like $10.00 you hit the wrong one. :D
Yeah plenty of parts that weren't the correct part, for the cost I'll give it a try

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
68480091AB only fits 2020 according catalog, not familiar with it
Might depend upon hood style, T/A, Shaker, Heat Extractor, Dual Scoop?

Which hood is a new design this year?

Regards,
Jim

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Might depend upon hood style, T/A, Shaker, Heat Extractor, Dual Scoop?

Which hood is a new design this year?

Regards,
Jim
there aren't any "new" 2020 hoods - all the versions from 2019 carried over. The only "new" hood in 2019 was the Hellcat hood.

the 15+ had those vinyl decals for the hood bumpers, the '14 and earlier didn't.

Its mainly an appearance item as the paint would mar over the years of use

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,706 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 19 GT had the 2 black vinyl stickers. The passenger side one kept sliding and I could not get it to stay in place.
I saw the same problem on most challengers with the same stickers at car shows. So I found a 3M clear vinyl tape I could cut out the shapes I wanted and replaced them. No sliding now! And I replaced the cloudy stickers on the trunk lid, and have a few others I will replace. I know, OCD..... But I love the clean looks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts