Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in the EVIC under personal settings there is a setting called:

Remote Start Comfort Sys.

On or off

I left it on since it came that way but when I tried to look it up in the owners manual I could not find anything about it. Well the other day when I started the car remotely and got in it 10 minutes later, it was comfortably cool but I noticed the AC was turned off.

I surmise this is a feature that depending on the outside temperature, the care automatically adjusts the inside temp. Would be nice if there was a bit of info on it in the manual but there is not.

Nice feature though and I'm glad it works.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I do know that in cold weather it automatically starts the driver side heated seat.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I noticed in the EVIC under personal settings there is a setting called:

Remote Start Comfort Sys.

On or off

I left it on since it came that way but when I tried to look it up in the owners manual I could not find anything about it. Well the other day when I started the car remotely and got in it 10 minutes later, it was comfortably cool but I noticed the AC was turned off.

I surmise this is a feature that depending on the outside temperature, the care automatically adjusts the inside temp. Would be nice if there was a bit of info on it in the manual but there is not.

Nice feature though and I'm glad it works.

I hadn't noticed that setting on my 2010. I'm generally not using the remote start in this heat either...so who knows?

·
Banned
368 Posts
My A/C stays on from May to October here...I hadn't noticed that in the extended EVIC on my 2010 either. Glad for you that it works!

·
Banned
368 Posts
Doesn not work on my 2010a/c does not come on

·
Registered
574 Posts
I remember reading in my 09 manual that if the car is below a certain temp and you remote start, and the heat/AC is not set to off, it will automatically blast the full heat.

also if the temp is above a certain temp and the heat/ac is not set to off it will automatically blast full AC.

Basically when you remote start if you have the AC/heat set to anything but off itll put it full bore so your cars is perfect when you get it.

maybe people didnt like it automatically doing this and so they made it an option in the EVIC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts