Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I did a mid muffler delete few months ago as recommended by many challenger owners & yes I do love it but one thing thats bothering me.

The tips are not perfectly flush like it was stock. Its off by a little bit but its enough for me to know its not even. Idk if this is an easy fix since i have no welding exp.

Can you re-weld to fix this issue? Whats the best solution? Im also thinking about installing quad tips & it might require me to delete my muffler (which i don't mind since I want it a little louder). What do u guys think I should do.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,579 Posts
It's an easy job for a muffler shop, just cutting and rewelding so they are flush.

I had the same thing happen on my last Challenger when i got the mufflers replaced with an aftermarket JFB, and it also bothered me they weren't flush with the rear valance. But I eventually forgot about it, and it stopped being something I wanted to fix...

Give it some time, you may come to realize it bothers you less and less each day, until other things gradually become more important to pay money to have fixed/replaced/upgraded.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You have to be careful when working on the exhaust. Any cuts you make can swing the pipe on the hangar which could throw off positioning on the rear tips. Many exhaust shops don't pay proper attention to that when messing around under there.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
63 Posts
You do not need to remove the muffler for the quad tips. Just have them cut the tail pipe to size and weld on the quad tips leaving the muffler in tact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts