Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ugraded my uconnect 5.0 to the ra3 8.4 in my 2015 challenger sxt and was wondering how much the dealer charges to program it so it shows my vin and will be able to get updates to it and what is needed for the dealer to program it? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ugraded my uconnect 5.0 to the ra3 8.4 in my 2015 challenger sxt and was wondering how much the dealer charges to program it so it shows my vin and will be able to get updates to it and what is needed for the dealer to program it? Thanks
Were you able to get this working? I have a 2016 Challenger that I want to upgrade as well, and I have the same questions. Also, where did you get your radio?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good luck - I've been working on this for quite some time through uconnect and dodge and finally gave up. My goal was simply to get it updated on uconnect's site so that I could download software updates in the future. Andrea at Dodge Cares was a great deal of help in getting my dealer to list my 8.4AN radio as "dealer installed" within the Mopar database but uconnect is a whole different matter. I bet I have spent no less than 8 hours of my life dealing with a variety of people at uconnect and finally just gave up.

As far as updates go - be aware that if you don't have the sharkfin antenna (I don't) you'll never be able to set it up to get over the air updates. It's not as simple as switching the antenna out either, there are evidently different wiring harnesses for the sharkfin versus the "puck" that is on my car. I was able to find the 17.11.07 update back in November before uconnect posted it online from a Canadian owner (where they don't do over the air updates) who had uploaded it to dropbox. Let me know if you need it, I can work out to get it to you.

The update installed perfectly but you should be aware that it disables elements of the sport button if that's important to you. I primarily wanted it because it was required in order to update the maps in my navigation. There is an update for it 17.11.37 that supposedly fixes the sport button but I haven't been able to source it yet as it's evidently still only being distributed over the air here in the USA.

Just to be clear - everything works beautifully on my radio - the navigation, camera, Yelp, Siri integration, incoming text messages, SiriusXM traffic, etc. - no issues what so ever, just no over the air update capability. I'm one of the few who thinks the navigation works brilliantly evidently, ha ha. Especially with the SiriusXM traffic integration which is like $2/month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts