Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost, this is a mixed response to my experience with Arrington, it's been both good and bad.

Initially I had some difficulty making contact (email first, ran to phone calls) but finally worked with AJ and had a build worked out. My timeline was short because I was about to deploy overseas and they were flexible with that. AJ stayed late one Friday so I could do a facility walkthrough, finalize the build, do the down payment, and helped me get a rental to get back to base. The entire experience was extremely pleasant and gave me a warm an fuzzy about leaving my precious for an entire year.

I promised to provide monthly email authorizations to finish the payment process, and in return I had been told I'd be given updates and photo progress via email. Email notification for payments worked for two months, and no work had been done - AJ had told me that it wouldn't be started until Jan/Feb, and I had dropped it off in Nov.

Since Mid February, I have send a handful of emails to authorize more payments, inquire about the status, and see about doing a little additional work, all of which have gone unanswered. They haven't even taken the $$ that I authorized! Most of April and sporadically in March, I have called daily trying to get an answer, to only get voicemail. The one time I called and went to Customer Service, the rep found my order after some prodding, found AJ, then I sat on hold for 25 minutes before I gave up.

Certainly Arrington is a busy company, and still well respected, something I don't dispute, but the communications drop off is extremely frustrating. My views may be skewed because I have constant communication via phone and email at my fingertips all day deployed to a 'FOB'. I just want to pay for my project and have progress photos to drool over, print and post over my desk while I count the days before I get to come back.

I'll update in fall when I'm back and have the car in hand again. Positive that the service will be great, but it's been a mixed bag so far.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am with you. I have been having the exact same experience.

I am military as well currently in Korea for a 1 year tour. I dropped my Chally off last July for them to keep and work on for the year I was gone. Communication has been extremely sporadic. I have sent email that go unanswered and my wife can't get a call returned stateside. They were quick to take the money for the work they were supposed to do in February but I heard nothing on the status of the car since. The last communication I had was that the wheels had been sent off to be widened and wasn't drivable. I needed to have the work done down at Petty's Garage before I get home in July. Petty's Garage went and picked up the car, the stock wheels and tires were still on the car and no work had been completed at all.

They performed the twin turbo build on my car 2 years ago, the work itself was fantastic. They built the kit from scratch (first 392 TT build) and I'll give them all the accolades in the world for that. Customer service however has suffered greatly after the initial sale.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts