Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever done anything like this?

Engine running, I'm waiting for my wife. Climbs in and tells me the jacket I'm wearing doesn't match. Of course I could care less, but to avoid an argument I go back in the house and change jackets. Pulling away, the dash lights up... "Key FOB Not Recognized" (suspect you know where this is headed). Ignore. Drive downtown, park, turn the engine off and discover no keys. Obviously I left them in the non-matching jacket. No choice but to have a taxi take us home and return us. Could have used the $50.00 for other things. On the other hand, it's good we were only about 5 miles or so away from home. I drive over o Arizona to see my son from time to time. Hate to think of arriving in Gila Bend only to discover no keys.

Can't believe I'm the only one on this site having had a similar experience.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Amazing you got that far. I started leaving home once and didn't make it out of the driveway and the car quit and that was it.

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
If you had a dollar for everyone who has done this since keyless ignitions began, you'd have a ton of money in your bank account.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have in fact done the same thing but have been saved by the "key fob not detected" message which reminded me to go back before I got too far away.

·
Registered
417 Posts
For some reason, I thought the engine would shut off after it went out of rang of the key fob.

Thanks for the info. I'll be much more careful letting it idle in the driveway or out front to run back into the house for something.

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
I asked my son to take my car around the block so I could hear how the exhaust sounds from outside. The fob was in my pocket and while turning around in a driveway a few blocks away he stalled while straight across the street and no one could pass by.
I had to run my butt off to bring him the fob, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts