Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to video:

2018 Dodge Challenger 5.7L TA
Mileage: 17,xxx
No modifications
All fluids ok, no leaks, maintenance done per owners manual spec

I was washing my car and heard this noise coming from the engine bay. It's more prodomindant toward the driver side of the engine bay. After starting the car and driving it around the block, it went away. I want to see if anyone experienced similar issue? I would like to take it to the dealership as its under warranty but they would only run a diagnosis that I would pay out of pocket for if it doesnt end up being warranty related issue.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's an odd way for the dealership to do business. If my car's under warranty and there's an issue, I'm bringing it in and I'm not paying for them to figure it out. We bought a Pacifica last year and unfortunately it's had a few issues. One was with the backup camera, where the lines that indicate your tire position would bounce around like crazy, but it wouldn't do it every time. It was taken in twice with the "can't reproduce" argument. Then when they finally did see it happen, they replaced the stereo the first time and finally the camera after that. Not once did it cross my mind that I might have to pay them for anything. It's a warrantied vehicle, fix it!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,732 Posts
It's not just you

A Guy

·
Registered
201 Posts
My 17 did the same during the first year. It's been over a year since the last time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh wow, it happened to a v6 owner too..
I'm gonna try walking into a service dept of FCA and show them the video and see if anyone ran across this particular issue.

thanks for the replies all!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Mine is doing the buzzing now but for longer time increments. Ours is a 15 SP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts