Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an unlocked PCM a few years back for my 2015 SPS. At the time of purchase they company asked for my mileage and VIN for the PCM. The PCM was never installed. It never made it out of the box. Will the PCM need to be reflashed if I were to sell it for it to work for someone else? I was always under the impression that the PCM became "married" to the car once it was installed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Your computer will work for 2015-2017 challenger. I have the same exact thing here at my house and was told that it can be reflashed to a new vin. Diablo had sold me mine but not sure what the fee would be to reflash.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,738 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Yes, anyone buying it would have to send it in with mileage and VIN# to do the same to use it. Diablosport charges $200 if you send in your PCM

A Guy

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
459 Posts
Im interested in buying an unlocked ecu. If anyone wants to sell it, pm me. Ill worry about the vin issue.
If you haven't already, might be a good idea to put a WTB ad in the parts classifieds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts