Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find it funny that people get all butt hurt over whatvthey call upbadging.. IS IT REALLY one claiming their car is something other than it is?? ISN'T honestly just another form of modifications?

IS it any different than guys building 100k $$ Gt 500 clones? The Big block SS Chevelle?? ISNT MODIFICATION to our beloved cars Challengers/ Chargers. Any dang thing we please just another way that we strive to make our rides as unique as we are as individuals?? Good Grief.. to call someone a poser for making the car or truck . Bike .WHATEVER they have something that they desire for themselves is ludicrous..

For those who get all their boxers in a twist.. LIGHTN UP MAN..
Did you never Hotrod anything in high school?? Good Lord the number of 6 cylinder cars we stuffed stupid big horsepower motors in..(for the car anyway) is crazy, and a really fond memories for me.
And we were just highscool ..pizza delivery kids..
But it didn't stop us from building tunnel ram and 2 fours into tiny Pontiac sunbirds,, or swapping a set of trips on a tempest, But wait thats not a GTO..
Yep ..its not but we could still smoke the guys that had them.
Just my rant guys , Thanks for reading

·
Registered
134 Posts
I find it funny that people get all butt hurt over whatvthey call upbadging.. IS IT REALLY one claiming their car is something other than it is?? ISN'T honestly just another form of modifications?

IS it any different than guys building 100k $$ Gt 500 clones? The Big block SS Chevelle?? ISNT MODIFICATION to our beloved cars Challengers/ Chargers. Any dang thing we please just another way that we strive to make our rides as unique as we are as individuals?? Good Grief.. to call someone a poser for making the car or truck . Bike .WHATEVER they have something that they desire for themselves is ludicrous..

For those who get all their boxers in a twist.. LIGHTN UP MAN..
Did you never Hotrod anything in high school?? Good Lord the number of 6 cylinder cars we stuffed stupid big horsepower motors in..(for the car anyway) is crazy, and a really fond memories for me.
And we were just highscool ..pizza delivery kids..
But it didn't stop us from building tunnel ram and 2 fours into tiny Pontiac sunbirds,, or swapping a set of trips on a tempest, But wait thats not a GTO..
Yep ..its not but we could still smoke the guys that had them.
Just my rant guys , Thanks for reading
LOL!

A rant about people ranting about wannabes!

I love it!

This not a rant! Just an opinion....

If you stick a crate Hellcat engine into an SXT, great! But it's still NOT a Hellcat... LOL! I love all Mopars, and I think it's great building any and all trim levels. Get an RT and with the right build you can hang with a Hellcat! Love and enjoy it! But there is a reason why only SRTs and Hellcats come with the SRT emblem... They are different, and they ARE special. I've owned an SRT Challenger, a Scat Pack and now a Hellcat. All are awesome cars... But the the Scat Pack come with a "Powered by SRT" insignia on their engine... Not an SRT badge! Because, well probably because it's not an SRT...

However, if you want to put an SRT Hellcat badge on your SXT... By all means, go for it! You might even fool someone! Doubtful though, as anyone who actually knows what a Hellcat is will know that your posing... Just sayin'.

:wink3:

·
Registered
397 Posts
LOL!

A rant about people ranting about wannabes!

I love it!

This not a rant! Just an opinion....

If you stick a crate Hellcat engine into an SXT, great! But it's still NOT a Hellcat...
:wink3:
I would have to say that is precisely a hellcat myself. Hellcats are only Hellcats because of the engine and transmission. 707 hp is 707 hp no matter how you slice it. Now if they only came in 1 color or only had 1 interior that was not offered on any other car then I would agree with you that the motor does not make the car. However will ALL the marketing of the hellcat it is only the motor that is marketed the rest is just a nice looking wrapper. That motor is not even in just 1 car since you can get a charger as well. I myself would not see any car running around with a hellcrate motor AND the hellcat emblem as being upbadged though. They kinda do go together. But to me honestly does not make any difference at all. I like them all as well and find it really hard to want to argue upbadging with people as its just not worth the time.

Ron

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I didn't mean it to be rant.. nor was I arguing with anyone. Just my 2 cents,
But to clarify.. If a guy puts a badge on his ride and then proceed to claim it to be genuine.. That i feel is shaddy

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Up-badging is NOT the same as doing actual modifications to improve the performance of the car. Putting a Demon, SRT, or Hellcat badge on an RT or SXT is just flat-out "posing" as something you're not. It's lame. However, THAT being said....there is no law against being lame. This is a free country and freedom to be lame is guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution (First Amendment). And we should simply allow people to be lame without harassing them any further. After all, they've advertised something about their personality (same as dumb-arses who ride motorcycles without helmets). We can use this outward display of their personality (or lack of intelligence in the case of helmet-less riders) to help us interact with them at a level that's appropriate for them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Up-badging is NOT the same as doing actual modifications to improve the performance of the car. Putting a Demon, SRT, or Hellcat badge on an RT or SXT is just flat-out "posing" as something you're not. It's lame. However, THAT being said....there is no law against being lame. This is a free country and freedom to be lame is guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution (First Amendment). And we should simply allow people to be lame without harassing them any further. After all, they've advertised something about their personality (same as dumb-arses who ride motorcycles without helmets). We can use this outward display of their personality (or lack of intelligence in the case of helmet-less riders) to help us interact with them at a level that's appropriate for them.
Yep, to put it succinctly,

It's essentially the same as putting socks in your shorts. False advertisement! LOL!

:surprise:

·
Registered
102 Posts
But, I has supercharger-
Not is Hellcat? :frown:

Upbadging is idiotic, except when I drive my Chevy Tacoma. Then it’s awesome.

The power plant isn’t all. The suspension isn’t all.

The VIN and everything that goes with it, is.

Pride is one thing. Style is a thing. Taste is a thing.
Deception of self or others is something beyond simple vanity, and screams insecurity and envy.
If I wanted to display those things, I would have bought a mustang, and hung around with the other kids that drop $2k first thing out of the dealer lot to put on a louder exhaust and claim an additional 50 hp as the reason.

Upbadging? Let people wonder what’s been done to it. Let them hesitate when they see the next one-
“Holy crap! I just got smoked on the highway by an SXT- what the hell is the hemi capable of? Do I really want to get spanked by Mopar all day? Can I take ANY of these? :yikes:”

Let them know NONE of the Mopar is to be taken lightly.
Throwing a hellcat emblem on a 5.7 on 8 lbs of boost does nothing for street cred, and takes it from others. Be genuine, mod if you choose... but don’t be a poser. Not in one of these, please.

Cheers,

Chuck

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I took the opposite approach. Debadging it. I removed my scatpack badges with the 6.4L. From the side now that all the new cars have spoilers anyways. It looks like a plain Challenger. I say just own what you got. They are nice cars whatever the package. It's better to surprise people than to misrepresent.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I took the opposite approach. Debadging it. I removed my scatpack badges with the 6.4L. From the side now that all the new cars have spoilers anyways. It looks like a plain Challenger. I say just owe what you got. They are nice cars whatever the package. It's better to surprise people than to misrepresent.

^^^^ This.

Debadged my Hellcat except for the SRT on the front grill. No badges = cleaner look and keeps people guessing.

Reactions: SRT8outtaLA

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
the only time they will see my r/t badge is if they get ahead of me

another thought. generally those who know (challengers) will know which package you have regardless if someone removed badges or upbadge their vechicles. people shouldn't upbadge to impress others. those who don't know challengers won't know the differences and those who do will know it's upbadged and won't be impressed. so yeah just enjoy the ride

don't wanna get called out like that

·
Banned
87 Posts
I have no problem with putting a hellcat or shaker hood on an SXT for example, but don't stick a Hellcat emblem on an R/T. My wife works with some young kid that did that and he took a lot of ribbings because he did up badged it.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
LOL. Yes, just look at Bruce Jenner. He used to be a man and he up-badged himself into a perfectly legitimate woman.

Clone? Here's the deal....when someone clones a 427 Cobra they are (presumably) doing it because they can't run out an buy a new one. With a Hellcat, you CAN run out an buy a new one so what's with all this up-badging stuff?

I'll tell you what. I have a number of artist friends who can up-badge a normal piece of canvas into an EXACT copy of anything Van Gogh ever painted. I've seen Van Gogh painting sell for well over $100 million. So here's the deal - you send me $50 million and I'll send you an up-badged canvas and we'll both be happy.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
LOL. Yes, just look at Bruce Jenner. He used to be a man and he up-badged himself into a perfectly legitimate woman.

Clone? Here's the deal....when someone clones a 427 Cobra they are (presumably) doing it because they can't run out an buy a new one. With a Hellcat, you CAN run out an buy a new one so what's with all this up-badging stuff?

I'll tell you what. I have a number of artist friends who can up-badge a normal piece of canvas into an EXACT copy of anything Van Gogh ever painted. I've seen Van Gogh painting sell for well over $100 million. So here's the deal - you send me $50 million and I'll send you an up-badged canvas and we'll both be happy.
Disregard this charlatan.

Send ME 25 million and I'll give you an up-badge canvas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
A hood is a part, as are spoilers, for example.

A badge is identification. Falsifying identification is... icky.
I personally think that if ou have a blower, an aftermarket “demon style” hood hat is obviously not the oem hood would be sweet... but I’m not going to put a demon on the side of my car.

If they made a House Stark direwolf emblem, might consider being nerd enough to do it- if I can put down decent enough times to stave off shit talking. That might take some work, though I am up in Alaska... and having the balls and invested cash to claim being the king of the north for mopar would be cool.

Yeah, I know. Nerd. Whatever, it was a thought.
Upbadging? Looking to wolf down mustangs- figure it could work :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,619 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
OK Cloning is taking the time to turn a plan Jane in to an exact replica of an original. Example is that the engine is replaced transmission interior and gage pack lighting if it was an option and finely badging. It can actually be a costly adventure. If some one took an STX and put in a drive train from a hellcat, Changed the interior to hellcat, bought hell cat rims and called it a clone ok fine. (most likely they put more in to it than what a hell cat would cost lol) But to just change the outer badging to a hellcat trying to fool the public that your something that you are not and putting so little effort in it is just cheesy. Guys who clone normally that's the first thing out of their mouth its a clone. Guys who up badge rarely say anything. the difference is time and effort. I collect swords, Not the cheesy movie replicas but real modern day recreations of originals. Made in the same fashion with similar materials by hand by a smith. Movie swords are stainless steal machine ground synthetic creations but are normally fairly cheap. its the same principle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My thought process on the whole thing was not even thinking that when someone put a different badges on the car that their intentions were to try and pull off that their car was something its not.
I was really just kind of thinking.. that someone would do it in an effort to make their car unique representations or reflection of themselves and their personality..

But again.. if theyvtry and say my sxt is a Hell Cat.. well......

1 - 20 of 77 Posts