Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a post, and they said to get the PCM software updated to the latest revision under warranty. How often does this need to be done? Or for what reason? HELP

·
Banned
557 Posts
I saw this thread too, and asked myself the same question. First I've heard of this, and I've owned a lot of vehicles in the past. Doing a few quick Google searches, here is one thread I found. It's a bit dated so I don't think this is THE answer you are looking for but it kind of hints around about things that happen (and some of the risks that may be involved -- can't flash back, and if car is running great do you want to do it?).

PCM firmware update 18-031-04 - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

ETA: Do we have a spot on this forum where all the Challenger TSB's are stored? If not, why?

·
Banned
557 Posts
Okay, well I found the TSB section on our website here. Not exactly what I had in mind. I was hoping to have all TSB's listed in numerical order and a PDF we could view.

Anyhow, looking on safercar.gov I was able to pull 4 TSB's for the 2010 Challenger. They are duplicates under different categories, so 2 really. Here is the summary, copied directly from the website. To get the full details, you have to pay $.15/page and they will mail them to you.

Results : 4 | All records displayed
Make : DODGE Model : CHALLENGER Year : 2010
Manufacturer : CHRYSLER GROUP LLC
Service Bulletin Number : CS-J-36 Date of Bulletin : APR 01, 2010
NHTSA Item Number : 10033109
Component : ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING
Summary :
DODGE: THE STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED AUDIO CONTROL SWITCHES ON ABOUT 300 OF CERTAIN CHALLENGER VEHICLES WERE NOT INSTALLED DURING VEHICLE MANUFACTURING. STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED AUDIO CONTROL SWITCHES AND A RELATED WIRING HARNESS MUST BE INSTALLED. CSC LETTER WAS REC'D. *PE
Check to Request Research. Submit below.

Service Bulletin Number : CS-J-36 Date of Bulletin : APR 01, 2010
NHTSA Item Number : 10033109
Component : STEERING
Summary :
DODGE: THE STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED AUDIO CONTROL SWITCHES ON ABOUT 300 OF CERTAIN CHALLENGER VEHICLES WERE NOT INSTALLED DURING VEHICLE MANUFACTURING. STEERING WHEEL MOUNTED AUDIO CONTROL SWITCHES AND A RELATED WIRING HARNESS MUST BE INSTALLED. CSC LETTER WAS REC'D. *PE

Service Bulletin Number : SB-18-032-09 Date of Bulletin : NOV 05, 2009
NHTSA Item Number : 10032787
Component : POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
Summary :
DODGE: THIS BULLETIN INVOLVES FLASH REPROGRAMMING THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) WITH NEW SOFTWARE. COMPLAINTS OF MIL ILLUMINATION. UPON INVESTIGATION THE TECHNICIAN MAY FIND THAT P0133-02 SENSOR 1/1 SLOW RESPONSE AND/OR P0153-02 SENSOR 2/1 SLOW RESPONSE HAS BEEN SET. *PE

Service Bulletin Number : SB-18-032-09 Date of Bulletin : NOV 05, 2009
NHTSA Item Number : 10032787
Component : ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE
Summary :
DODGE: THIS BULLETIN INVOLVES FLASH REPROGRAMMING THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) WITH NEW SOFTWARE. COMPLAINTS OF MIL ILLUMINATION. UPON INVESTIGATION THE TECHNICIAN MAY FIND THAT P0133-02 SENSOR 1/1 SLOW RESPONSE AND/OR P0153-02 SENSOR 2/1 SLOW RESPONSE HAS BEEN SET. *PE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts