Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, would we consider hoods upbadging? Say I have an RT and I were to put the hellcat hood on it would you consider that as upbadging? I have mixed feelings on this situation and was wondering what you guys had to say regarding this topic

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
IMHO, hoods are not upbadging...period. Applies to wheels too. Do what you like

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
People have been modifying cars way longer than I have been alive.
As long as you aren’t trying to pass it off as a Hellcat, what’s the harm.
If you like that hood style, put it on.
There is no right or wrong to your question.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
882 Posts
Fellas, would we consider hoods upbadging? Say I have an RT and I were to put the hellcat hood on it would you consider that as upbadging? I have mixed feelings on this situation and was wondering what you guys had to say regarding this topic

Good advice below
IMHO, hoods are not upbadging...period. Applies to wheels too. Do what you like

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye
882 Posts
As long as you aren’t trying to pass it off as a Hellcat, what’s the harm.
But this is what most people will think; he's trying to pass it off as regardless of his intentions.

IMO most people will think; that is what he's trying to do. Personally I wouldn't do it because of the BS that may follow but I've always said "do what you like to your own car and not worry what others think” I think a Hellcat hood would be too expensive and I wouldn't want to put up with the BS that you will be receiving. Carry on my friend

·
Registered
2021 Hellcat Widebody Hellraisin over Demonic Red
392 Posts
Do what makes you happy. It’s your car and no one else’s. Having said that, I would say probably don't do it as long a you have mixed feelings about it. Mixed feelings often lead to not being totally satisfied with a result.

·
Registered
2022 Scat Pack Challenger
172 Posts
I put the 9.5" wide HC wheels on my SP, the 2020 SP comes with a hood that was previously used on a HC. I love how it looks and as long as I don't put HC badges on it, anyone who says I am trying to "upbadge it" can go pound sand.

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
7,760 Posts
Back in the day when I redid my '69 Camaro I put a cowl induction hood on it. Never said it was an SS, not badged as an SS and noboby ever took it as an SS. To me, and everyone else at the time, just thought it was the coolest looking hood. Back then I don't think anybody really cared about "upbadging" anyway. It was all about who could beat the other guy no matter what you had.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
No comment
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

:censored:

Back in the day when I redid my '69 Camaro I put a cowl induction hood on it. Never said it was an SS, not badged as an SS and noboby ever took it as an SS. To me, and everyone else at the time, just thought it was the coolest looking hood. Back then I don't think anybody really cared about "upbadging" anyway. It was all about who could beat the other guy no matter what you had.
View attachment 1063076
That's how I remember the 70s...muscle cars and kinda blurry...

A Guy

·
Registered
21 RT M6
85 Posts
Personally I only consider it up badging when someone literally puts the higher model badges in place of the factory designations. And if the clear intention is to fool people, well if I’m being honest yes I judge them silently the same way I judged body-kitted Cavaliers and Sunfires but my energy expenditure of caring stops there. If it makes them happy good for them.

If I saw a RT with a cool hood, I’d say wow that’s a cool hood.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts