• No, it's not cool

Votes: 277 90.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay....the upbadging thread has seen its arguments with support and opposition of "upbadging". It's time to take a simple poll and let the masses decide the outcome of the debate. There is no need to respond with arguments of your stance....JUST VOTE!

Upbadging Definition: To use any item/s that would give another person the idea that your car is a different model than what it really is. In other words...to place an R/T logo in place of and SE logo or to place an emblem of a 426 Hemi on your car when it contains a 5.7 Hemi.

To install mods such as tires,wheels,SC,louvers,hoods,etc. does not qualify as "upbadging".

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Finally the campaign is over and I can vote!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I don't think the argument was over whether it was cool or not cool. This poll is too narrow in it's scope.

I never said it was "cool", but I was one of the ones advocating that it's a person own business whatever they want to put on their car, call their car, etc. and unless they tried to fraud someone in a sale it was "OK" with me.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think the argument was over whether it was cool or not cool. This poll is too narrow in it's scope.

I never said it was "cool", but I was one of the ones advocating that it's a person own business whatever they want to put on their car, call their car, etc. and unless they tried to fraud someone in a sale it was "OK" with me.
The intention of this poll is the "narrow scope". Maybe I should re-word the poll to read right or wrong instead of cool or not cool. I agree that any person can put whatever they want on their own vehicle so that is not in question. You're either a "poser" or not. I'm not and my personal opinion of those that are does not matter right now. You either think it's okay to lie or you don't.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The intention of this poll is the "narrow scope". Maybe I should re-word the poll to read right or wrong instead of cool or not cool. I agree that any person can put whatever they want on their own vehicle so that is not in question. You're either a "poser" or not. I'm not and my personal opinion of those that are does not matter right now. You either think it's okay to lie or you don't.
I think the fact you chose "cool" or "not cool" speaks volumes.

You guys just can't get past the point of feeling you need to judge these people that upbadge. Calling them names like "poser" and "liars" is so middle school. Just get over it. Nothing they are doing has any impact on you personally AT ALL. The fact that you are upset with what someone else does to their car should scream the need for introspection.

My personal feeling is that upbadging is probably not a "cool" thing to do, UNLESS the person doing the upbadging likes his car better that way. Then, it is very cool to them, and that's all that really matters. And it doesn't devalue or make me feel bad for owning my R/T Classic one iota, because I'm secure in who I am, and the car I own.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

^^^what he said^^^

·
Banned
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the fact you chose "cool" or "not cool" speaks volumes.

You guys just can't get past the point of feeling you need to judge these people that upbadge. Calling them names like "poser" and "liars" is so middle school. Just get over it. Nothing they are doing has any impact on you personally AT ALL. The fact that you are upset with what someone else does to their car should scream the need for introspection.

My personal feeling is that upbadging is probably not a "cool" thing to do, UNLESS the person doing the upbadging likes his car better that way. Then, it is very cool to them, and that's all that really matters. And it doesn't devalue or make me feel bad for owning my R/T Classic one iota, because I'm secure in who I am, and the car I own.
This is exactly what I wanted to avoid...DEBATE. You claim calling an upbadger a poser or liar is "middle school" so tell me....what is the label of the persons that try to personify something they do not own into something that is deemed to be worth more in money and performance. here's another analogy.... Do you think you or any other person could ride a Honda motorcycle with a Harley emblem in place of the Honda emblem into Sturgis without getting the s**t kicked out of you? Probably not because most people do not agree with displaying something that is not true. This poll is for the masses of this forum to voice their opinion on whether they agree with upbadging or not. The fact that you live in the USA allows you to voice your opinion so take the poll if you choose and do your debating on the other thread.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Debadging is fine. Up badging is not cool at all. Seems like lying to me. Do whatever mods you like, but don't slap on an R/T or SRT badge unless you have the real deal.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've said enough, and voiced my opinion on the other thread about upbadging being "OK".

Have your little narrow minded poll, and I'll choose not to participate since it doesn't have a field that applies.

Anything that makes each of you feel more comfortable in your narrow little worlds.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Its like wearing a fake Rolex. Sooner or later someone's going to ask "so, is it real?" Then what? Do you lie or tell the truth? If you lie - now you're a liar. If you tell the truth, then you've just admitted to trying to pass off a fake as the real deal...

Someone "upbadging" a car has no consequence for me; its their property to do with as they please - just not something I would do. I'd rather not be in a position to have to lie or admit to misrepresenting something I own as anything other than what it actually is. Just my perspective, nothing more. I voted in the poll.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
no one thinks its cool...its a silly poll....only jokers will vote yes

im a strict believer here...i dont mind customizing, but am strongly against copying

i dont like copying my 392 stripes, rims, spoiler, etc

if you want to make it personal and want stripes make them different...dont try to make your SE or RT look exactly like a SRT...there's a fine line between copying and customizing...

putting RT badges on your SE is just sad and pathetic

not being able to accept that you couldnt afford a higher up model and pretending it is is just sad!(unless your 16 and then its just being a goofy teenager)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
up badging to fool others is not cool
down badging to fool others is not cool
spending any more of my time on this topic is not cool

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I've said enough, and voiced my opinion on the other thread about upbadging being "OK".

Have your little narrow minded poll, and I'll choose not to participate since it doesn't have a field that applies.

Anything that makes each of you feel more comfortable in your narrow little worlds.
At least my narrow little world is not fake and pretend.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If "yes, it's cool" translates to " I really don't care what someone does with their car", it's cool.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
If "yes, it's cool" translates to " I really don't care what someone does with their car", it's cool.
Exactly, but point lost on the people here that somehow feel they've been personally affected by someone that puts fake badges on his own car, and the structure of this poll plays to that mindset.

Gotta feel bad tho for anyone whose life is so wrapped up in their own car, and their own sense of what's wrong (when it comes to cars) they are blinded to people that have less than them aspiring to something better.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Upbadging is like a woman wearing a padded uplift bra.
No one will know what really lies there until it matters.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts