Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Saturday starting June 18 through Sept 10, 2011 there will be exhibits of pre-1975 models, with a theme for each week (see below).
Note that Mopars are featured August 27th...there will nearly be most categories represented over the course of the summer.

There is space for up to 80 cars in the Park Blocks that will be on display

Cars in the Park is free and will take place Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
June 18: Chevrolet

June 25: Italian Cars
July 2: Muscle Cars
July 9: American Vintage
July 16: Hot Rods
July 23: Mercedes & BMW
July 30: All Ford
August 6: Porsche
August 13: All English
August 20: Rod and Custom
>>August 27: Mopar<<
September 3: Two-Seaters @Meters
September 10: Green Cars
Whether you love European or American, sports or muscle, you’ll find your favorite during Cars in the Park!

In celebration of The Allure of the Automobile, the Portland Art Museum will welcome local car clubs to the Park Blocks. Enjoy the exhibition in the Museum galleries and then take a stroll along Park Avenue where local car enthusiasts will show off their vehicles all summer long.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks for posting the info Hal. Sounds like an event worth attending. :)

·
Super Moderator
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how does this work, just show up and park your car?
I'll have to hunt around for a link. Someone around here is trying to get the area Mopar collectors (pre-'75 models) for this show. I can't find the link at the moment, but I'll look for it when I'm back home tonight.

Here's one link (car club entries - Form "B"): (I know this guy is helping organize the overall event in Portland)
http://www.carsinthepark.com/id6.html

Here's another link: (this guy is specifically looking for Mopar owners interested in showing)
http://thepistonhead.com/?p=668

This is the best I can find...unfortunately many of the clubs in the area aren't good at keeping relevant and updated websites....so its a crapshoot to find good information.

·
Super Moderator
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A reminder [update bump] that the Mopar weekend for Cars in the Park

is Saturday, Aug 27th...show time is from 9am - 2:30pm, cars drive off ~ 2:45pm

Here's a sample of what you'll see [I ran into this couple last night @ PIR/Beaches Cruise-In] they're bringing this car:

'69 426 Hemi Roadrunner (the real deal)
* B3 Blue (lighter shade than B5)
* 4-speed / Super Track Pack
* bucket seats & console
* power brakes w/ front discs
* Air Grabber

(he also is the original owner of a '68 RR 383/4-speed B3 blue)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately, I didn't take any - ran into a few friends, walked and looked at the cars, but didn't use the camera.

There were even quite a number of pre-war Plymouths and Dodges, which I rarely have seen at other shows. Quite a few mid/late 60s and early 70s A-bodies, which isn't typical.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Dang.... I missed green car day......

·
Super Moderator
16,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang.... I missed green car day......
...and you didn't miss much on that day.

I went - there were a couple of old ('teens) electric cars and some Teslas and a '72 MG that was converted to electric (looked stock with hood and trunk closed).

But there was a plethora of Nissan Leafs and Toyota Prius cars - boring. You could walk into a new car dealer showroom for that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
...and you didn't miss much on that day.

I went - there were a couple of old ('teens) electric cars and some Teslas and a '72 MG that was converted to electric (looked stock with hood and trunk closed).

But there was a plethora of Nissan Leafs and Toyota Prius cars - boring. You could walk into a new car dealer showroom for that.
Was gonna show up with my GWE 392 "green car".... Really just to piss off the hippies.

They really love me at the Wild Oats store when I go up to Eugene....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts