Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased my Challenger in January from a co worker. Got a great deal on the car because I it would not start. Turned out it needed a new starter. Replaced the started and replaced the rotors and pads. So I purchased a Torqstorm supercharger kit this summer. This is a tuner kit so fuel system, tune, and intercooler are all separate. Kit comes with detailed instructions, the hardest part is pinning the crank pulley which isn’t hard as along as you use and pneumatic drill. All of the parts inside the kit are machined and GREAT QUALITY made in the USA in Michigan. For $2900 this kit can’t be beat!!! High recommend TORQSTORM there customer service is great, Chris from TORQSTORM took great care of me!!!! A++++++. I purchased a Mishimoto intercooler and 3 inch intercooler piping from amazon. Intercooler was a little tricky to install, I had to remove the front crash bar and made spacers to push the crash bar out 1 inch to install the mishimoto intercooler. I made the spacers out of aluminum. I’m having the car tuned in the upcoming months. I ordered a boost a pump and the injectors which are from an 04 Dodge Neon SRT4. I purchased an AEM wideband as well as an AutoMeter manual boost gauge and Autometer Pillar pod. I’ll continue sharing more progress of the car as I go along. Thought now was a good time to start posting. Please enjoy the pictures and video.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,604 Posts
Congratulations on your build! I'm looking forward to hearing more about how it turns out! (y)

·
Registered
240 Posts
How much $ are you into the setup, all in? Wondering how it compares to full kit like pro charger.
And which model intercooler did you pick up? Looks like there are g-line, m-line etc. was the not one that would fit with having to put a spacer in the crash bar? I like how it sits below the top of the radiator.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,604 Posts
I've heard that HHP is good, but Sorry I can't recommend anyone. If it were a GM, then I could give you a list of Great tuners. Which tuners have you tried to contact?

It might help to search this forum using Jay Greene, HemiFever and Diablotoona (Johan). These are the one ones that I've heard about but haven't used, so I can't vouch for any of them. I"m just going by things that were posted from people that used them on this forum.

Here is HemiFever's website: HemiFever's website................

Here is Johan's website: Johan's (DIablotoona) website............

Here is Jay Greene's website (Sorry but it''s on Facebook): JAy Greene's Facebook page (this is how you contact him using FB Messenger from what I've heard)...........

The nice thing about Jay Greene is that he has pricing right on his page.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,604 Posts
How much $ are you into the setup, all in? Wondering how it compares to full kit like pro charger.
And which model intercooler did you pick up? Looks like there are g-line, m-line etc. was the not one that would fit with having to put a spacer in the crash bar? I like how it sits below the top of the radiator.
I like that too. It looks like it's a nice fit in there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the tuner kit front Torqstorm cost $2955 with shipping. I bought the S-line Mishimoto intercooler for $257 because it can handle over 750 hp while the intercooler just below it could only handle 550 hp and I believe with my setup I should just be over 500 whp. The intercooler piping from amazon was $100 and I purschased a 3.5 to 3 inch coupling for the throttle body and a 3 inch coupling that is 135 degrees that comes out of the supercharger and goes into the intercooler piping total was $45. NGK plugs $80. I purchased a boost a pump from kenne bell for $250 and 8 SRT-4 injectors for $192.

$2955 supercharger
$257 intercooler
$100 piping
$45 couplings
$80 spark plugs
$250 boost a pump
$192 injectors
Total $3879 the pro charger tuner kit would be upwards of $5700 and wouldn’t come with the plugs, boost a pump or injectors.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was looking at the mishimoto website and was trying to figure out how to rate their intercoolers. There’s a handy chart they have, but it isn’t making sense to me since they are talking about volume, the chart is in in^2 (what’s that - side surface area?). Where did you find the intercooler rating?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called Mishimoto before I ordered their intercooler online. Told them my expected whp and the dimensions I needed and the S-line was the best fit. It’s bar and plate instead of tube and fin which I believe supports more horsepower.
I was looking at the mishimoto website and was trying to figure out how to rate their intercoolers. There’s a handy chart they have, but it isn’t making sense to me since they are talking about volume, the chart is in in^2 (what’s that - side surface area?). Where did you find the intercooler rating?
View attachment 1005573

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,604 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very cool! That would be some affordable power right there! Looking forward to seeing what you can put down with it! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Very nicely done..... Freddy G already recommended the tuners that I know of on here. There is also Mike at OST Dyno out there, Flyin Ryan performance, and EFI Specialties here locally to me in VA. I can only vouch for Jay Greene as I used him when I did my cam swap back in 2017. To this day he still answers my questions right away, and I've had no issues with the tunes he provided me, even though I've transitioned to HPTuners. I look forward to seeing hearing more from this build. I think it is an avenue that some may want to consider pursuing for a budget friendly boost option.

Reactions: DWB09RT

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE!!! Car was just tuned it makes 510HP/486TQ. It’s been a long time coming!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts