Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,368 Posts
Thanks all! It's currently at the dealer and the tech just called to let me know that I will need to authorize a tear down. Since it's literally 2 days out of warranty due to me not being able to get an appointment sooner, I will have to talk to my case manager. Please pray for me, I'm so scared of this being a crazy amount of $$ and it looks like luck is not on my side.
What did @DodgeCares say?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Thank you Rob! I got in touch with my case manager in the afternoon yesterday. We are currently working it out. Thanks for following up - always appreciate your follow up!
Sounds great stphzy! Of course we are always here to help. Feel free to reach back if you need assistance with anything in the future.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
No promises, but 2 days out? I'm confident they'll work w/you on this. Your mileage is pretty low too.

Hang in there, I think this will work out.
If I were the dealership I would start off by looking at bank one, specifically cylinder #3 (the one that had the highest compression). Removing the valve cover should show them right away if the rockers are moving correctly. Good luck!
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words! I really appreciate it!!

My case manager mentioned that any tear down authorization will have to come from the warranty department and not myself - what a sigh of relief! She said that they will try and work with me since the CEL popped up on warranty expiration day. I'm not sure if she can pull up the records on my car but I've previously brought it in for misfire suspicions but the dealer could not pinpoint it previously either. She mentioned that the dealer has opened a star case to escalate the issue since they're unable to figure out the next steps. The dealer reached back out to me to say that a tear down will be required due to the irregular clanking/knocking noise they're hearing. It looks like my car will be there for a while ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words! I really appreciate it!!

My case manager mentioned that any tear down authorization will have to come from the warranty department and not myself - what a sigh of relief! She said that they will try and work with me since the CEL popped up on warranty expiration day. I'm not sure if she can pull up the records on my car but I've previously brought it in for misfire suspicions but the dealer could not pinpoint it previously either. She mentioned that the dealer has opened a star case to escalate the issue since they're unable to figure out the next steps. The dealer reached back out to me to say that a tear down will be required due to the irregular clanking/knocking noise they're hearing. It looks like my car will be there for a while ?
I imagine it'll take several days yes, but the important thing is they fix it RIGHT. Also glad they're working with you on the financials, that only seems fair. You seem like a reasonable & patient person - that goes a long way when it comes to less than ideal situations like this one, which is in no way your fault. Not that there isn't ever a time to be direct but seldom does throwing a fit online or in person get ya anywhere faster...but I digress...

Your service records & prior visits/concerns are available, you shouldn't have to provide paper copies of anything done at a CDJR dealer.

Have a great wknd, and as always, keep us posted !

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi everyone!

Not much of an update since last time but I keep getting calls from the service department and service manager that I needed to authorize the teardown since i am "out of warranty". The service manager mentioned the details about how long a tear down would take and the total cost they charge prior to any findings after the fact. This triggered my spider senses a little, lol! I didn't feel comfortable since FCA specifically told me that they were the ones to authorize the tear down and not me.

Am i getting played? lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
Just tell them to talk to FCA. Are you just waiting on someone from FCA to contact you? How long since they told you they are looking into it? I'd think you are being overly patient now. I'd contact them again, you could always say the dealership is pressuring you to authorize, but they told you they'd be doing that.

I think it's bureaucracy now, since you initiated the contact before your warranty expired, it should be covered, but you need them to make that official and advise the dealer.

DodgeCares

A Guy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just tell them to talk to FCA. Are you just waiting on someone from FCA to contact you? How long since they told you they are looking into it? I'd think you are being overly patient now. I'd contact them again, you could always say the dealership is pressuring you to authorize, but they told you they'd be doing that.

I think it's bureaucracy now, since you initiated the contact before your warranty expired, it should be covered, but you need them to make that official and advise the dealer.

DodgeCares

A Guy
My case manager has been working with the dealer and she's kept me in the loop. She was out of the office on Friday and would return Monday - the same day the dealer called me after not being able to reach her, requiring my authorization. I told the dealer that I would like to talk to the case manager prior to making any authorization calls and the dealer backed down. I called her after and she told me that she has authorized the engine tear down already.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
Bummer, ,any word on if they will cover it?

A Guy

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Bummer, ,any word on if they will cover it?

A Guy
My case manager called me yesterday to let me know the total price of the work order (yikes!) and that she's escalated my case to her supervisor because she cannot make a call on whether or not they can cover it. She did acknowledge that I came in previously when my warranty was still active, so I hope that helps my case. Fingers crossed - pray for me!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm willing to bet you'll get taken care of but do let us know.

In the meantime try not to stress out too much :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
YOU GUYS!

WARRANTY IS COVERING 100% OF THE REPAIR.

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your supportive words throughout this debacle. The dealership will be ordering parts now, but my service advisor mentioned that everything is on national back order? Oh boy!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
Good for you! That is what should happen, but I always remember sh!t also happens... Since you brought up the issue before warranty expired, and had it documented, even if just out of warranty, it should be covered. If you get a list of what they will be changing, Luke @stevewhite might be able to confirm (not to give Luke work to do :D )

A Guy

·
Registered
430 Posts
HEMI cams/lifters are usually in short supply but I have a feeling you won't mind waiting a minute if it means your engine will be fixed at no cost to you :)

Glad it worked out!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,736 Posts
Yeah saw a couple of online parts stores showing call for availability on MDS lifters. Non-MDS seem to be plentiful. Although it sounds like a non-MDS lifter failed here. Hope they replace all lifters and yokes.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts