Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
2020 Challenger GT - Pitch Black w/Blacktop package
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a glorious year of owning my 2020 GT AWD, I decided to bite the bullet and take advantage of the inflated trade in value.

At 11k miles I'm getting $33,600 offered for a vehicle that I paid $34,300 for.
I found a solid looking offer on Vroom for a 2019 392 Scat Pack with 7k miles on it for $44k.

Finalizing the paper-work in the next few hours here and hopefully taking delivery next week.
I can't believe I was sleeping on that triple nickel color, especially with all the black accents and that beastly shaker hood.
This color looks AMAZING in the sunlight, very excited. (Also looking forward to not triggering my neurosis trying to keep that black paint clean)

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
288 Posts
After a glorious year of owning my 2020 GT AWD, I decided to bite the bullet and take advantage of the inflated trade in value.

At 11k miles I'm getting $33,600 offered for a vehicle that I paid $34,300 for.
I found a solid looking offer on Vroom for a 2019 392 Scat Pack with 7k miles on it for $44k.

Finalizing the paper-work in the next few hours here and hopefully taking delivery next week.
I can't believe I was sleeping on that triple nickel color, especially with all the black accents and that beastly shaker hood.
This color looks AMAZING in the sunlight, very excited. (Also looking forward to not triggering my neurosis trying to keep that black paint clean) View attachment 1026020 View attachment 1026022
Nice! I just sold my SP to vroom and had a good experience.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Sharp Scat. You'll love that 392. And Shakers rule. IMO.
What trans?

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Thank you thank you! :) it's A8. I drove manuals since I was 16 and in the area I live (city-ish) manuals just aren't as fun as they used to be.
The A8 is a fabulous trans.You'll love the shifts in Track Mode.

Reactions: Klink

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Enjoy the 392 power! Why do you have to wait until next week to get it, shipping?

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Correct, Vroom will deliver to my door.
Did you check out the car in person? If it's close enough to look at it, tell them you want to pick it up. It's the 4th O July weekend, time to drive somewhere!

·
Premium Member
10,366 Posts
You’re getting great money on the sale of the old one but now you pay sales tax on the entire new purchase so it’s not a net gain.
if you’re happy with it that’s what counts. Good luck with it and hope fuel prices go back down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Niiiice car! Grats on your purchase. The inflated used car prices are what got me into my TA, traded my 5.5 year old 56k miles Rubicon in and got crazy mad money for it. They made one offer, I said no, they came back again, still said no and then they made the offer I could not refuse.

Just hoping I don't end up wishing I held out for a 392...

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Niiiice car! Grats on your purchase. The inflated used car prices are what got me into my TA, traded my 5.5 year old 56k miles Rubicon in and got crazy mad money for it. They made one offer, I said no, they came back again, still said no and then they made the offer I could not refuse.

Just hoping I don't end up wishing I held out for a 392...
Don't test drive a Scat Pack, ask me how I know!

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
Run the Vin and check for any Recalls that may be open and if you find any contact the Dealer Closest to you and get them addressed...

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scatpack Widebody Shaker
64 Posts
Tripel Nickel is an awesome color and the fact that you got the shaker is awesome! I absolutely love my ZF 8 Speed. Like others have said it is the best Auto gearbox ive ever driven. It's buttery smooth when you want it to be with the 392's power, or violent as hell when you turn it up and watch the shaker, well, SHAKE! Scatpack's are amazing daily drivers too, that's what mine is! You'll be super excited when you realize what a damn car you've bought!

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
I went from a 2015 5.7 Charger R/T R&T to a 2018 Scat Pack SHAKER, and it was an amazing difference. Be prepared for a totally different feeling under the throttle, and be prepared for a much SLOWER pull out into traffic! I GUARANTEE an AWD Challenger, can pull out at a turn/intersection MUCH quicker than I can in my Scat Pack. You MUST be careful when hitting the gas and turning in 1st gear, there are a lot more torques than there are pounds on the rears and you flat out, will not move, or move sideways. OR even worse, act like a Mustang Crowd Killer and end up on YouTube.
But buckle up and enjoy the ride, you will love it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts