Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are sending 30 shifters out to anodize tomorrow, and then another set 2 days after that. We made a few small changes to the shifter that helps make it a lot easier to install, but it delayed the release by a few days, but it will be worth it. If you are in the TOP 30 of the preorder list, you will be getting a phone call from us this week, probably Thursday or Friday, it all depends on how long it takes to get the shifters back from anodize. I moved a guy to nights so we can keep the machines running 24hrs, were doing our best to get these out to you guys as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, I just wanted to make sure they were perfect when we released them, and I believe we have achieved that.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks guys for all the hard work I'm glad to know there are still reputable folks out there that actually care about their customers. I can't speak for everyone, I know I don't mind waiting a few days for something I know will be right when I get it.

Terry

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You will guys will love it! Well worth the wait, trust me. :icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Fingers crossed I am in the top 30!!! :D

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Can't wait and the update is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks :-D

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I obviously am not on the waiting list but just felt I had to say this...
How many vendors do you run across that take the time to keep everyone updated, shuffle around employees to help with production,
AND promise to give you a call when things are ready....
maybe a handful in your lifetime

Seriously, first class all the way.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
U r right on there immortal. I will be doing as much advertising for them I can.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you for the update! You are definitely setting the standard for customer service and service based business, don't see companies taking pride in their products too much any more at all.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Shifter going out today!!! :-D :-D. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
You guys will love it. This thing is as quiet as stock for me!!! :smokin:

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Got my call, placed me order! I won't be installing until it warms up here a bit, though.

Justin

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Well we have u to thank Omaha, your persistence payed off for all of us. When I bought this car last summer a short throw shifter was the first thing I looked into and was really disappointed that the Hurst was the only option AND it needed modified out of the box to be dependable.

If the weather doesn't keep it from getting here I will have a install review mon. :-D

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Well we have u to thank Omaha, your persistence payed off for all of us. When I bought this car last summer a short throw shifter was the first thing I looked into and was really disappointed that the Hurst was the only option AND it needed modified out of the box to be dependable.

If the weather doesn't keep it from getting here I will have a install review mon. :-D
It was my pleasure! We have to support the few HONEST, HARDWORKING American businesses remaining in this country. From the first time I spoke to Dave I knew he had a passion for what he did, and wanted to be the best. I believe the reason it took so long for this shifter to become a reality is because they worked tirelessly to make it a very QUIET aftermarket shifter. I have to say they have exceeded my expectations and I enjoy driving my Challenger 10x's more than I did before. Just be careful, you WILL GO SIDEWAYS a lot easier if you know how to speed shift with this thing. I had the Hurst and was never satisfied, I knew it could be a lot better. How? I had an MGW shifter on my Mustang and that thing was awesome in every way. When I started to checked out the shifters that Barton was making I knew they were of the same caliber.

The best thing is that once you install the shifter you won't have to mess with it a million times like the Hurst just to make it liveable. You are getting a product made in our fair country by guys who actually drive the same car, with the same shifter!!! Now that to me is awesome! I will advertise and support Barton until the end. :pa:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Dave,

I sent my info for the first run, just found the email in my spam folder. Thanks to whoever it was to point that out.

I live in central/south-ish NJ and was wondering if I could take ride up to the shop for an install once we stop getting hammered with snow. Looks like I could turn it into a nice short road trip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
306 Posts
One of the first 20 here. Black ball flat stick going out today. I have quiet a few mods and I'm the most excited to get this one installed over all others so far. Almost bought the Hurst a bunch of times over the years, glad I never did. This puppy is going to Rock!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Omaha- Thanks a lot for the feedback, we really appreciate your help.

SlowSRT8- You are, we should be calling you sometime today. Or you can call us when its convenient for you.

Jocko97- Of course, come on up, free install too. We are gone from March 15-26 for Spring fest in Cali, and then we are gone from April 12-25 for the 50th Mustang celebration in Las Vegas. We are driving from NY so that makes for Long tiring stretch with only a 2 week window to get caught between shows. All of May is open and then June gets a bit crazy again with more car shows and my wedding. Let me know when your thinking and we will get you in.

Thanks to all those who have taken a minute to comment on the customer service. Its really nice to hear things like that, and see that the hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Phone call from Barton, check. Shifter being shipped monday, check. Another big snow storm heading my way, check.

Two out of three aint bad.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Should have mine by Monday also
GREAT GUYS AT BARTON

1 - 20 of 38 Posts