Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to update the thing but it refuses the software and throws this msg " wrong disk for software update. Aborted"

Its driving me insane. I formatted as FAT32 multiple times and tried 2 different software.

What am I missing ?
I confirmed this software should work cause I saw my old version listed on the same thing

Its the sirius touch radio

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,552 Posts
I've searched a bit, instructions for USB say you extract the ISO files, and copy some to USB?

If you are planning to use the USB, you cannot do a straight copy of the ISO file. You will need to first expand the ISO file. I used a software call WinRar to do that and there are other similar software that can expand the ISO file. It's a free software that you can download.

After expanding it, the folder that you expanded the ISO file to should contain the "BECKER" folder and two ".CDI" files. You should then copy the "BECKER" folder and 2 ".CDI" files to your USB. Also, prior to copying this over, I typically do a quick format of the USB drive as well. Hope this helps.
A DVD may be easier, just burn at a slow speed, and do a verify after burning. Good luck!

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,552 Posts
Yeah, and if it failed...what brand DVD? What speed did you burn it at?

A Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really dont remember what R+ and R- was :p

Which one should I use ? I still havent tried DVD. Only FAT32 USB. The car actually read the usb and the software files but it gives me the error I mentioned above. I dont know what it means. But the car knows that there is a software there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts