Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I've been reading the forums for a while. I have a 2010 RT, I believe it has HID headlights, I've attached a picture for confirmation. I want to change the headlights to 2015+ lights and not the Vland retrofit type lights. I'm going to update to the Hellcat style bumper and I want the lights to fit. Can anyone tell me how challenging it will be to change them?

I know they have to be custom wired, I'm buying harnesses to help with the conversion. I need to know if I need to do anything special because of the HID's?

The harnesses used to be available from stevewhiteparts, they no longer offer them. I was turned on to retroshop, and they sell harnesses to Dodge RAM's that look to be the same as the challenger versions formerly offered by stevewhiteparts. Any input is appreciated. Also can someone confirm that the lights are in fact HID's?

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
344 Posts
To get them to just turn on and off should be little problem. However the 2015+ are a lot more integrated and tie into a handful of systems. But rather than buying a harness, I would just aim for the plugs. You can check out DCC Tools and that appears to have the part numbers for the plug repair kits. They you can scoot over to the Chilton Manuals and get the wiring prints and compare and combine. I would certainly plan it all out on paper first. Well, a bug wash first...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Worldthathesees, your right about the bug wash. Appreciate the rest of the info. I ended finding retro shop. They were able to make the harnesses to connect to my original plugs and confirm that I have HID’s. We also figured out that the Vland’s may not work since the car came with HID’s. They sold me a sweet set of take off HID’s from a 2018 hellcat in excellent condition. So I should be good go. It will be a few weeks before I do the conversion but I will certainly check back in after.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts