Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got my touchscreen in, however while trying to install Lockpick v5 for my rearview camera which will not arrive for awhile since I guess it's being shipped from Cali via horse and carriage, anyway I discovered my lock pick does not seem to be plug and play according to my instructions. It states there is a grey plug and a white plug that should come off 130 and into the female parts of the lock pick but my two plugs were both grey and one of them was not the right size. So with that being said should I have plugged in the grey one that fit the lockpick and plugged the little one up straight to the radio and not worried about the white plug at all???? Sorry if it's unclear but I have a 2013 and was told that this was definitely the right harness for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought my MyGig new, but I'm not sure what year it is from just because its new maybe that is my issue???

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
In case somebody stumbles,on this thead, your answer is to plug in the white Lockpick plug into the radio and leave the other (fem) white plug loose.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks, however I have now discovered after hooking it up that they sent me the wrong one because I wanted to have iPod and iPhone integration and the V.5 does not have that. The one I originally ordered CHR550 says it has iPod integration but was not for 2013's so the company told me the V.5 was what I needed but now I guess I have to send it back and get the other one anyway because now I read it's been updated for 2013 cars. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated if any of you have also run into this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My 13 Challenger has the ability to read text messages to me when I receive them, once you did the upgrade did you lose that option. I have the base radio.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I had that option prior to swapping radios I did not know about it, so I'm not sure if it does or not. Is that an option u turn on through the phone or through the radio itself via Bluetooth?

·
Registered
232 Posts
It just comes up like a phone call. Tells me I have a text and asks if I want to hear it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that may be a phone option with android, I have an iphone and I don't think the speak text is an option

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am not speaking, just listening to texts that I received.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I understood what you were describing, but I'm not sure if that option is available for me or not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know if updating my rbz software will help with the issue of my lockpick v5 kicking out my ipod when plugged into center console and sometimes also iphone when streaming Bluetooth??

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Does anyone know if updating my rbz software will help with the issue of my lockpick v5 kicking out my ipod when plugged into center console and sometimes also iphone when streaming Bluetooth??
I was shopping for a lockpick, and some of the customer reviews for the CHR550 mentioned problems such as yours, it's probably the lockpick, not your rbz, although coastal encourages you to update the radio when you buy a lockpick. I'd talk to customer support if I were you.

Scott

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I did the software update and it no longer kicks my iphone out when streaming bt, however the ipod still won't work without cutting out so I just decided I can do without my ipod if I load a lotta music to the hard drive. Thanks

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Scott, a CHR550 has a direct 30 pin Apple interface so there is no need to use the center console USB. Of course if you're Appleless then the 550 is a bad choice. The v5 would be better.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Mine kicked my iPod out constantly, I finally just uploaded all my music to a micro usb flash drive and keep it plugged in to the radio port.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts