Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I’m looking for calipers that are plug and play. I seen some mine with the Wilwood big brake kit. Is it plug and play? Not needing to upgrade all the other ish I’ve read about with the brembos

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You could keep the same calipers and get the police brackets that allow you to use larger rotors. These police rotors are like 1.25 inches bigger than your OEM. it a cheap way to upgrade your braking.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just put on BR9 brakes from a 2016 Charger Pursuit. Biggest non-Brembo factory brakes you can get, they come in between the two different factory Brembo packages as far as size goes.
You don't get any more plug and play than factory parts. These are the BR9 parts vs my stock BR5 brakes on my 2015 Challenger R/T Plus.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I’ve never done it but I know people that have and I sell the parts for the cop cars all the time. I imagine it’s a huge difference

I can tell you my 6 piston brembos are massive difference between my 4 piston RT brakes with the small rotors. They make a 4piwtom Brembo also so I imagine this upgrade with quality pads is gonna be great

Srt rotors are 14 inches I believe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Off the top of my head I believe the BR9 fronts are 13.8". I can't wait to get them fully bedded in and then take it for a rip on the road course.

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
BR9 front rotors are 14.5", even bigger than Brembo rotors which are 14.2".

BR9 rear is 13.8".

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Caliper changes are needed. You will need the calipers, mounting brackets, new dust shields for the front, and possibly new front flex lines. You can source the calipers and brackets from any 2015 and up Charger Pursuit model, RWD or AWD. The front dust shields and front hoses must and I stress must come from a RWD car. The AWD cars mount the front calipers ahead of the front axle, the RWD cars mount behind so those hoses and shields are too short and facing the wrong way respectively. The dust shields are cheap, like $20 each. The hoses are a little more pricy, but buy the genuine Mopar hoses, the aftermarket ones seem to vary wildly in quality. Don't skimp there, it's your safety and everyone else's on the road too.

I was fortunate, I scored a full set of calipers, brackets and hardware from a wrecking yard about an hour from home for a song. Everything else I ordered from RockAuto.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger RT
22 Posts
Went with 6 and 4 piston Wilwoods for my 19 RT, took about 6-7 hours for a novice working by myself to get all four sides done. While there are more cost effective methods to gain braking performance, its hard to match the visual/performance improvements of a big brake kit. Couldn't be happier with how it improved the car's braking and looks. The install is pretty straight forward, replacing brake lines and shimming the caliper on were the most difficult aspects of the install. Overall, the upgrade is something you can do yourself on a weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts