Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Dodge today to find out what the latest software that my RBZ mygig can be updated to. In case you didn't know, you can go to: driveuconnect.com and see if there is an update for your mygig system. It's free! That's the good news.......

The bad news is, if you're like me, you got a mygig that someone sold you after they bought an aftermarket system. When you click on the "See if there is a software update available for your system" link, it asks you for your VIN. The VIN tells which radio your car was made with, and which software was last loaded on your system. There is no way to get by this, even if you know your model and software version.

Without the VIN, the suggestion I got was to go to the dealer........$$$$$$

In 2011, I bought my RBZ from someone who took it out of their 2010. I updated the software to 10.00.11 and it's been great. Now, I've ordered a lockpick, v5 and have read that I should have my RBZ updated to the latest software, which is currently 50.00.07. From what I've been able to piece together, there's been a few updates since my last one and my RBZ might be too old to take the latest versions. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help...
Scott

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
The dealer should have the latest update disc for RBZ , ask them to let you borrow it for 15 mins . Any good dealer would do it no problem, good luck.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer should have the latest update disc for RBZ , ask them to let you borrow it for 15 mins . Any good dealer would do it no problem, good luck.
Wow! That gave me a good laugh! Sorry, but I would love to meet the dealer that YOU know! I've got an appointment at a dealer for Monday, for another problem, I'll give it a shot, but I might die of amazement if they actually did this.

Thanks for your post....

Scott

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I just checked dealer connect the last update came out in 2011 for RBZ. Too bad you couldn't get the guys vin# you bought the radio from.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I called Dodge today to find out what the latest software that my RBZ mygig can be updated to. In case you didn't know, you can go to: driveuconnect.com and see if there is an update for your mygig system. It's free! That's the good news.......

The bad news is, if you're like me, you got a mygig that someone sold you after they bought an aftermarket system. When you click on the "See if there is a software update available for your system" link, it asks you for your VIN. The VIN tells which radio your car was made with, and which software was last loaded on your system. There is no way to get by this, even if you know your model and software version.

Without the VIN, the suggestion I got was to go to the dealer........$$$$$$

In 2011, I bought my RBZ from someone who took it out of their 2010. I updated the software to 10.00.11 and it's been great. Now, I've ordered a lockpick, v5 and have read that I should have my RBZ updated to the latest software, which is currently 50.00.07. From what I've been able to piece together, there's been a few updates since my last one and my RBZ might be too old to take the latest versions. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help...
Scott

What is needed is an adjustment on the EQ to control the subwoofer output level. I have that save fix you are referring to. I would have loved to be part of the group to test and talk about the HK fixes.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Wow! That gave me a good laugh! Sorry, but I would love to meet the dealer that YOU know! I've got an appointment at a dealer for Monday, for another problem, I'll give it a shot, but I might die of amazement if they actually did this.

Thanks for your post....

Scott
There is another way!! You can have the RBZ sales code added to you dealer installed options, that can be done at the dealer level. then you can get your update online.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is another way!! You can have the RBZ sales code added to you dealer installed options, that can be done at the dealer level. then you can get your update online.
This sounds like a good idea, I will definitely give it a try, thanks

Scott

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the link,

My 09 actually qualified for an upgrade and they are sending in "4-6 weeks" We'll see how it goes RER 730n unit here.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Some dealers will add sales codes for free; others for a fee; others will not do it at all.
Best bet is to ask them to do it when you are in for some other service.

Also (and the dealers who are Challengertalk members can chime in to correct me) I think Dodge is cracking down on allowing dealers to add "upgrade" sales codes to cars for which they did not make the "upgrade" sale. I think there was a case where adding the sales code to activate the Steering Wheel buttons is no longer available to the dealer in their maintenance software (dealer connect?).

·
Registered
25 Posts
You know, that's the worst thing about being a Mopar enthusiast... while other brands try to build an enthusiast base, and the return business that comes with it, Chrysler has been horrible to us since the early 90's. Kill support for your radio because they didn't sell it to you? Well, they sold it to someone at a premium price, didn't they? What's it's resale value if they only support it in it's original vehicle?

The anything to make a buck attitude is really getting old... I almost bought a Z06 'Vette, but went with the Challenger. It might be my last Mopar, after 30 years of Mopars, if they keep this kind of stuff up. The 'Vette would've been much cheaper (half what I spent) used, and 405hp in a much lighter car is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...Also (and the dealers who are Challengertalk members can chime in to correct me) I think Dodge is cracking down on allowing dealers to add "upgrade" sales codes to cars for which they did not make the "upgrade" sale. I think there was a case where adding the sales code to activate the Steering Wheel buttons is no longer available to the dealer in their maintenance software (dealer connect?).
I don't know about steering wheel buttons, but I just got the mopar fog lights, that I installed, turned on and added to my car. Same as I had done on our 2011 se. But, the selling dealer, 3.5 miles away, said it couldn't be done, so I had to go to another dealer, about 34 miles away, who knew all they had to do is add the proper code to the car's programming.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just download the software, rip it to a cd, and do it yourself, it was easy. this is NOT to be confused with updating your maps, that is different and is about $200.00

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just download the software, rip it to a cd, and do it yourself, it was easy. this is NOT to be confused with updating your maps, that is different and is about $200.00
Yes--if you are starting at the correct version for the update. If you missed one update or more, you might have to do an intermediate update as well.

From what I understand, the older, not having a security code, rbz radios cannot be updated past a certain version because they don't have sufficient memory to handle the latest versions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts