Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my wife a 2013 Challenger in 2013 as an engagement present. She doesn't put a lot of miles on the car as she is retired. We're at 49,000 now and the non-vented rear discs have warped. (Probably my braking from 105 on the highway a few times). What would I need to do to get the vented rotors on the rear. I took the brakes apart at ,five thousand miles and lubricated the pins and slides front and rear and the single caliper front brakes and rotors have held up well. I'm not going racing with the wife's car but I would like to upgrade to vented rotors. Thanks in advance. Joe

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,286 Posts
just off the top of my head, are the standard rear brakes the same on SXT as the R/T's for that year range? if so, there is decent assortment of aftermarket options that you may find under R/T offerings. might check into your interchange possibilities or one of our knowdlegable SXT guys will come along here and help ya out more. Good luck

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Although both are 12.6", the rear rotors are different, solid on SXT and vented on R/T although SXT with 20" wheels use R/T brakes and the vented rotors.

So is it as simple as bolting on the vented rotors in place of the solids? I don't know. The solid rotors are .40 inches think and the vented rotors are .87. Will the same caliper work with both rotors? That's what I don't know. You would think they would be different and the parts manual shows a bunch of different calipers but I cant figure it out for sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
Didn't the pursuit charger have better rear brakes? I remember seeing a post a while back showing all the parts that were needed which involve changing the calipers, caliper brakes and dust covers. :dunno:

BTW I thought all models used the same master brake cylinder (68048551AB)? If so there shouldn't be an issue with hydraulic pressure/volume but mechanical fitment might be more of a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was wondering. I wouldn't mind ordering the stock calipers and rotors for the R/T from my parts store. (I run a mechanic shop in Bethpage, TN.) I may just order the R/T discs, calipers, backing plates, and pads and see if they bolt up based on the replies that I have received here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts