Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Well I had pretty much decided to keep my SXT Plus but while I was looking I had some dealers sending email's of inventory and one caught my eye. Ready, A 2018 pitch black R/T Plus loaded with more options than my car. The car has 4K miles on it and can buy the car at 7K plus my car. I pulled the window sticker on the R/T and MSRP was $43965. I also asked that my springs be moved to the R/T and they where cool with that. Got my credit union to approve the loan at a great rate. I think this may be the car to get. They are asking 30.5K for the 2018 R/T and giving me 23.5K for my car. It's to good to be true. I can finance for 5 years and still be on track to have it paid by retirement. This R/T is like new and the right color, equipment and price. I think this is the one.
That would be hard to ignore if you are looking to get into a V8 model! :) Have you checked the Carfax to make sure it hasn't been in an accident, or a flood car or soemthing like that? I know Carfax isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing and certainly can't hurt. Usually, the dealership provides them for free.

My guess is that it's just a personal lease that someone turned in after the lease period, but I would still check up on it as much as possible. I bought my 2018 GT with 3k miles and saved quite a bit over new - mine was a personal lease.

Please let us know what ends up happening - and post some pics please!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That would be hard to ignore if you are looking to get into a V8 model! :) Have you checked the Carfax to make sure it hasn't been in an accident, or a flood car or soemthing like that? I know Carfax isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing and certainly can't hurt. Usually, the dealership provides them for free.

My guess is that it's just a personal lease that someone turned in after the lease period, but I would still check up on it as much as possible. I bought my 2018 GT with 3k miles and saved quite a bit over new - mine was a personal lease.

Please let us know what ends up happening - and post some pics please!!
I did run a CarFax and it's a 1 owner 4000 mile car. It's at a Chevy dealer and was traded on a new Corvette. I will pick up the 500 watt stereo, Navigation, and a sunroof over my present car. It's a year newer and only 4k miles. The same color inside and out of my present SXT Plus and yes it's a R/T Plus so I won't give up my vented/heated seats and all the other options with the Plus package. I checked insurance and only a $10 a month difference but I'm 60 y/o with a clean record. I was able to print the window sticker to the R/T and everything checks out. This may just work out. The only mod I will have to do is a set of springs, they just sit to high on the stock springs. I may do Mopar stage 1 or Eibach pro kit. I wll post my progress and if I go through with it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,207 Posts
$13,000 off the used 2018 R/T is not a bad deal, IMO, based on the profit, holdback, and rebates on some of these cars.

If all other parts of the equation suit you, it might be the one to make a move on (reference my post #20).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
$13,000 off the used 2018 R/T is not a bad deal, IMO, based on the profit, holdback, and rebates on some of these cars.

If all other parts of the equation suit you, it might be the one to make a move on (reference my post #20).
I am thinking the same way. Not too many R/T Plus cars with low miles out there. I will be going to see it on Tuesday and make the deal if all goes as planned and the car checks out. It has an in service date of 12/2018 so will have more time on the factory warranty then mine. Thanks for the idea GS, I just started sending email inquiries and found this 2018 R/T Plus. I spoke with the sales manager and the guy who traded it kept it in his garage and did not drive in bad weather. Let's see how it goes down on Tuesday.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
19788859978x640.jpg

Here is a pic of the R/T Plus, I think there should be HEMI badge on the front fender. Could the previous owner take them off? A mistake from the factory? A bit concerned there could have been an unreported accident? It is a Blacktop package car but they should be there.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,207 Posts
I’ll bet the previous owner simply debadged it...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I’ll bet the previous owner simply debadged it...
Yes, very possible. I also see the marker lights have the vinyl cover mod as they should be red and orange and look black. In another photo of under the hood, I see a Mopar strut bar and looks very clean. Can't wait to see it in person and see if it's as well maintained as mine.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yes, very possible. I also see the marker lights have the vinyl cover mod as they should be red and orange and look black. In another photo of under the hood, I see a Mopar strut bar and looks very clean. Can't wait to see it in person and see if it's as well maintained as mine.
Who knows what aftermarket goodies might already installed. Obviously, it has the side-marker tint and you mentioned the strutt brace. Might have some other cool stuff already installed too. You can always remove the side-marker tint if you don't like it (I think it looks nice on a black car though). Strutt tower brace is a definite "pro" though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
jp- a six cylinder Challenger is a car, a V-8 Challenger is a muscle car. I shopped for about two years before buying the RT w/auto trans, and I drove every variation of the RT and SRT. At that time the SRT was a 6.1L.

Prior to buying the RT, I met a guy at a speed shop open house who had a Challenger SXT 6 cylinder that he put a supercharger on. We went for a ride and I wasn't impressed by the performance at all. A 4,000 lb. car requires a V-8 in my opinion.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well, I have been going back and forth trying to find the right deal to say goodbye to my SXT Plus. I have now found a 2018 Scat Pack Plus in Billet Silver with 10k on the clock and looks to be in great condition. This will take me from the 3.6 to the 6.4. A year newer Scat Pack for a 9K trade difference. If it was black I would have scooped it up. Not sure I am in love with the Billet but that 6.4 was music to my ears.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Billet is a great color day or night and easy to maintain and keep looking nice so I wouldn't let that stop me.

Sounds like a deal!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
UUl+8MgDRDGt8l%Kh1Y4uA.jpg

This is the car I'm looking at. I agree this will be much easier to maintain than my Pitch Black car.

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
But...

A Guy >:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't like the Billet Silver as much as the old Bright Silver color, but silver in general is a great color for any car. It doesn't stick out and grab attention of cops like red, yellow, or orange, and it doesn't show dirt. It doesn't absorb heat as much as a black car. Good color all around IMO.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
Billet silver is a great color it rally shines when clean and hides dirt well, also looks great with the black rims.
I don't like the Billet Silver as much as the old Bright Silver color, but silver in general is a great color for any car. It doesn't stick out and grab attention of cops like red, yellow, or orange, and it doesn't show dirt. It doesn't absorb heat as much as a black car. Good color all around IMO.
I like the silver colors dodge has been using, but that new gray they have (Battleship Gray?) is something else. Man, something about that shade of gray and the clear coat make it a real eye catcher...for good reasons, that is.

(I would look up the actual name of the paint to reference, but using the search functionality of this Windows phone has become too aggravating to deal with lately.)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
But...

A Guy >:)
It's a Hertz Renal Car, I was thinking this was not a big deal but looked up the service history had had electrical issues early in it life. It was in 3 times and don't want to trade my perfect garage kept car for a rental with possible issues. My pre approval expires soon so I would have to re apply to continue shopping but it's hard to find the right car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well my SXT Plus is still in my driveway. I just cleaned her up and going to hang on to her for now and see what 2020 brings.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Personally, I think you made the right decision. Your current SXT is awesome looking. Hang onto it until they come out with an updated Challenger that makes upgrading more worthwhile.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts