Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks. What was I thinking as I have kept my car in perfect condition and just turned 7500 miles and no common sense in trading a car in this condition for the extra 70 hp and 2 cylinders.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got a 2016 R/T Plus that has everything in it (literally). I Shopped around for over a month. I wanted a low mileage car that had not been beaten. I would search 2016-2017 for a max price of 26K because that is all I was willing to spend. If I found a R/T Plus in that price range it had 35-55K miles on it and that was too much for me. Then one finally dropped to me! A Cadillac dealership had this 2016 Pitch Black R/T Plus fully loaded up with 16K miles on it. It was on a 2 year lease by an older gentleman (I could tell he was older by his SiriusXM stations LOL). The car sat on that car lot for over 50 days. They first had it marked at $29,500 which is full KBB. Then they started lowering the price as the car sat there. When it finally hit 25,900, I went to see and drive the car. I got them to 25,500 and I got 6,000 for my 2014 Dodge Dart SXT.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I got 6,000 for my 2014 Dodge Dart SXT.
Congrats on your R/T plus. It sounds like you definitely go a good deal. I just wanted to comment about your 2014 Dart as a trade in. Either they don't hold their value, or you have a ton of miles on it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on your R/T plus. It sounds like you definitely go a good deal. I just wanted to comment about your 2014 Dart as a trade in. Either they don't hold their value, or you have a ton of miles on it.
Well it was a rare M6 that I factory ordered (couldn't find one on the lot). It was a great car that doesn't hold it's value. Mine had the Rallye appearance package and the blacktop package along with the 8.4 RA4 radio. The car had 73K on the clock.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,484 Posts
IMO.....you let the Dart go a little too cheaply.
I had been looking around for a while, and just this July 4th I bought a plain Jane 2013 Dart SE....auto and a/c. It had 99k miles on it, and ran out well, and had a great Carfax on it. I gave $6200 for it.

This will be the family clunker car and the daughter’s EKU commuter car. Can’t stand the thoughts of Yeller in a college campus parking lot.......I’m sure it’d wind up with more hits than Mike Tyson.

·
Registered
58 Posts
IMO.....you let the Dart go a little too cheaply.
I had been looking around for a while, and just this July 4th I bought a plain Jane 2013 Dart SE....auto and a/c. It had 99k miles on it, and ran out well, and had a great Carfax on it. I gave $6200 for it.

This will be the family clunker car and the daughter’s EKU commuter car. Can’t stand the thoughts of Yeller in a college campus parking lot.......I’m sure it’d wind up with more hits than Mike Tyson.
Honestly, I had to fight tooth and nail to get that $6,000. If it was an auto, I could have gotten a little more. Also if I would have sold it privately, I could have gotten more. Dealer put it on the lot for $9,500.

I had to weigh getting more money for my Dart and chancing that the Challenger might get sold before I sell my Dart. At a newly listed price of $25,900 on the Challenger, I didn't want to risk losing the car. The Challenger was exactly what I wanted for the most part. Only 16k miles and fully loaded. The only thing that would made the car perfect is black wheels and sublime green!

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,484 Posts
At the end of the day....everyone has to do what is right for them. A good deal is in the mind of the beholder......

The Challenger does outscore your previous Dart!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
502 Posts
I live in Vegas where car insurance is high......higher than when I lived in CA.
My 2018 RT costs me $85 a month to insure. ...which is just a tad over $1000 per year and I'm 57. And to get it down to $85 a month, i had to raise my deductable on my 2007 Ram $100 more.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
502 Posts
Well I had pretty much decided to keep my SXT Plus but while I was looking I had some dealers sending email's of inventory and one caught my eye. Ready, A 2018 pitch black R/T Plus loaded with more options than my car. The car has 4K miles on it and can buy the car at 7K plus my car. I pulled the window sticker on the R/T and MSRP was $43965. I also asked that my springs be moved to the R/T and they where cool with that. Got my credit union to approve the loan at a great rate. I think this may be the car to get. They are asking 30.5K for the 2018 R/T and giving me 23.5K for my car. It's to good to be true. I can finance for 5 years and still be on track to have it paid by retirement. This R/T is like new and the right color, equipment and price. I think this is the one.
I got my 2018 RT Plus for $23,670. But it had 25k miles on it. Still low to me though it's a 2018. It now has 27K since Nov. Sticker on it was $40,980

I think they can do better than 30.5k

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Update? OP has a Scat Pack now?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
61 - 71 of 71 Posts