Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I'm sick of one wheel spinning on my otherwise amazing 2016 Challenger R/T Shaker with the 8-speed automatic. I've been doing some research but wanted to poll you guys if anybody has done an LSD (limited slip differential) upgrade on their R/T and how they did it? I understand that you can upgrade to the SRT rear end which does have LSD but it's not just a simple differential swap and requires changing out the whole rear end. Is this correct? Alternatively, I've found a supplier online called "speedlogix" that appears to sell a kit to convert my car to add an LSD. Has anyone else had experience with this company?

Speedlogix Differential Package 2015-2016 5.7L Challenger

FYI, page 32 of this pdf shows what rear end comes with each car, so I guess my car has a 3.90 ratio in it.
https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/brochures/dodge/2016-challenger.pdf

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,542 Posts
All 5.7 / 6.4 cars with A8 would have 3.09 ratio.

the 3.90 is for the M6 equipped models.

It can be done, I don't know if the axles are different. Since ZF diffs are used on all applications, maybe not an issue like the '14 and earlier that had different makes off diffs for A5 vs. M6 applications.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,727 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
^^Yes. Many of us here have experience with them, as A Guy has shared. I have dealt with them a few times and they've been great. They know their stuff. Give them a call if you have questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^Yes. Many of us here have experience with them, as A Guy has shared. I have dealt with them a few times and they've been great. They know their stuff. Give them a call if you have questions.
I appreciate the feedback. Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,432 Posts
Lot's of folks have upgraded their automatic R/T's to LSD. A friend of mine converted his 2010 R/T to a 226 mm Getrag with 3.73 gears and has been very happy with the results. That said being as you have an A8 you probably don't want to go with anything more than the 3.09 geared LSD and since you have a 2016 I think you are going to want to go with the 230 mm unit.

The folks at Speedlogix should be able to steer you in the right direction as should the folks at Arrington performance and both are vendors here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts