Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys I have a 2010 challenger RT auto with a Procharger HO kit being installed and I wanted to see if any of you guys had Part Numbers for AWSOME quality upgraded belts. I keep reading bad reviews about the one that procharger sends and I also already have the Dayco no slack tensioner. The one they sent is a 6 rib and I have the 3.70 pulley I don't have any under or overdrive pulleys installed. Thanks for the help in advance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
After eating my Gatorback I put in a Gates Green stripe. I have to run out to the car to find you a part number.

*Never mind I found it in a text I sent to someone. Its a Gates K060605HD and I got mine from Carquest. Everyone else had to get one from somewhere else and was going to take a few days. Carquest had it in by 3 that afternoon.

*My part number is for the Edelbrock which runs on it own belt. Therefore I am quite certain it is entirely useless to the OP. Thank you for the PM and letting me realise my dipstick moment. I still recommend the Gates HD belts though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
221 Posts
First test drive out of the Arrington parking lot we demolished a Procharger belt. Ended up finding a Gates belt to replace it with, and after 3k miles I have not had a single problem. I’ll go out to the garage tomorrow and get you part number.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
221 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to bring up such an old thread but I'm wondering if this belt worked for the original author of this thread? I'm having an issue with the belt that Procharger sent as well. Seems to have stretched and it won't stay tight above 5k rpm and it slips. I can't find anyone that seems to know what length belt I should get. The belt recommended in this thread was from a srt8 and I'm not sure if all the pulleys and spacing is the same on a 5.7 or not. I have the same setup as the original author... 2010 5.7L, procharger D1 with 3.7" pulley. Everything else is stock. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've called 3 different shops that sell Procharger kits including the one I bought my kit from and nobody knows what belt I should use or even what size it is.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The stock belt that came with mine is the same as B&R Challenger post. ProCharger says that belt is 111 1/8" long. The next sizes down are KO61098 (109 3/8) and KO61080 (108 ¾). This is directly from Procharger since I changed my pully from a 3.7 to 3.5. I'm using the K061098 belt is fit perfect for me.

Michael

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just had my local parts store order the K061098 today. Hopefully that one will do the trick. I had ordered a K061058 a couple weeks ago and it was too short, couldn't get it to go on at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts