Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello my fellow SXT and SE owners. I previously owned a 2012 SXT Plus with the SST option and electronic convenience package. That car was beautiful, and I still have love for that car. I loved the way it sat in my driveway or anywhere I parked it, and I always looked back at it to scope out how awesome it was. I never minded when my buddies would give me crap for the car because it was a "V-sexy." The reason why I didn't mind is because they would look at my car the same way they would look at my fiancee: out of the corner of their eyes with unnatural thoughts running through their heads. I know exactly what it is to have pride in a decision that I made, and not give a damn what anybody else thought about it. As time went on though, after many activations of Sport Mode and deactivations of Traction Control, I could not help but yearn for the power that was out there. The elephant in the room that I tiptoed around, and turned a blind eye to on more than one occasion suddenly noticed me noticing it. After a few "unplanned" visits to the local Dodge dealership and R/T test drives, I finally was turned to the DARK SIDE. Dark, as in a black 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T Blacktop Edition with the 6 speed manual transmission kind of dark. I don't know what all of these guys are talking about when they say they did not feel a difference between the SXT/SE and R/T during test drives. I felt it. My eyeballs slamming into my ocular cavities felt it. The organs inside of my body slamming into the seat felt it. Most importantly, my heart rate felt it. I loved my SXT Plus, but not as much as I love my R/T. Keep fighting the good fight SXT/SE owners. I love all of the versions of the Challenger, I just love my R/T more.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
do you really notice that big of a difference in power? its only 70hp between and sxt and an r/t. i currently own a 13 sxt plus, and am also debating and upgrade to an r/t classic and wonder if its really worth it. i can't see for myself because no dealers around here have an r/t in stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
More

do you really notice that big of a difference in power? its only 70hp between and sxt and an r/t. i currently own a 13 sxt plus, and am also debating and upgrade to an r/t classic and wonder if its really worth it. i can't see for myself because no dealers around here have an r/t in stock.
I think it is a combination of an additional 70 hp and 142 ft. lbs. of torque.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
That's a sweet looking car, next will be an intake and exhaust, then.................

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice car...enjoy

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
Yes

worth it though ?
I rent SXT's a few times a month for work, there is NO comparison when it comes to flat out acceleration. R/T pulls alot harder and sounds so much better.

That said, for everyday driving, SXT is pretty awesome

Reactions: TrevorD

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I believe the RT was "enough."

Surely only the person writing the check can answer that one.

I chose an R/T because the SRT wasn't worth it to me. But SRT owners clearly didn't think that.
I bought the SRT for other reasons.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What you guys are saying really is true. I have a 2011 SE and my dad has a 2009 R/T. The big difference for me is the torque. It just slams you in the seat when you nail it! There really is no comparison in that department. With that said, the 3.6 is a great engine and my future plans include a supercharger so that will help even things out a bit. But if anyone is like me and use their car as a daily driver or even just a cruiser, the SE/SXT is a fantastic vehicle and the best looking daily driver!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I own a 13 Charger RT and a 14 Challenger RT 6sp. Hemi mated to an auto is just a shame because you do not get a true sense of the direct power the motor can put down to the wheels. Also the 3.92 gears are killer with 6sp. Even with 3.92s I still run a few hundred RPMS less on the free way than my charger does with 2.86s. Maybe the 8 speed auto will be better, but its still an auto.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I own a 13 Charger RT and a 14 Challenger RT 6sp. Hemi mated to an auto is just a shame because you do not get a true sense of the direct power the motor can put down to the wheels. Also the 3.92 gears are killer with 6sp. Even with 3.92s I still run a few hundred RPMS less on the free way than my charger does with 2.86s. Maybe the 8 speed auto will be better, but its still an auto.
It's still an auto...you do realize the automatic Challengers are faster than the manual ones right?

Turn traction control off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
It's still an auto...you do realize the automatic Challengers are faster than the manual ones right?

Turn traction control off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The difference is not as great as a lot of people make it out to be, in gear the pulls on the 6-speed are as hard or harder, but the lost time launching(Big!) and the small moments shifting give the advantage to the auto in a straight line race from a dig.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts