Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Last year on my 55th birthday I took delivery on a new 2010 R/T. The car had everything I wanted and nothing I didn't (6 speed, a/c, cruise, cloth seats, single disc player). I drove the car for 14 months and 15,000 trouble free miles, and thought I would keep the car for a long time. Then last week I phoned my local Dodge dealer and asked if the 2011's were in yet. I wanted to see the new interiors. They said sure, come on down. Well, it was a bait and switch. They had some 2011 Chargers, but only one Challenger (a V-6). So while I was walking around the lot, I found an SRT that I liked. It was new, Tor Red and had a 6 speed. I drove the car and loved it, so to make a long story short I traded in my R/T for it. They were willing to deal on this car, so I was able to get into it without jacking my current car payment up too much. It's the car I probably should have bought when I bought my R/T, but that's the way it goes.

Can anybody tell me why the rear tires are a size larger than the front tires (P255 vs. P245)?

DougT

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just how the factory did it. No rationale, IMO. You can stuff 275's on all four corners if you choose to improve handling as well as tire rotation.

Also... CONGRATS on the new SRT8!

·
Banned
863 Posts
Congrats! Torred is hard to beat.
Doug, You probably have the optional GY F1 tires that came in 255 rears and 245 fronts. The standard was 245's GY RSA's all around. I think it was a 100 dollar option.

·
Registered
322 Posts
congrats.i ordered a 2010 r/tpcp 6sp stp,but like you i found a 2010 plum srt in mo just had to hv it!!

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
1,987 Posts
Congratulations, I did the same 3 months ago. I love the brakes on the SRT.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Hi everyone,

Can anybody tell me why the rear tires are a size larger than the front tires (P255 vs. P245)?

DougT
I suspect it's to achieve a certain handling balance. With the car's power it's understandable that wider rear tires make sense especially to an "enthusiast" who would spec the F1s over the all-seasons (3 seasons really;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts