Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these trunk struts few weeks. They were $90 CAD. (Not sure if I am allowed to post the company website?)
The stock ones didn't hold the trunk up on cold days here in Ontario, resulting in some bumps to the head!

Install was really simply; just popping the little metal clips off (2 per strut). They fit perfectly and are stainless steel. I was hoping that they might be strong enough so the trunk would raise on its own when I unlock it, but no luck there. However, I think these struts give the best compromise between ease of opening and closing. I can open the trunk about a third of the way, it will raise the rest of the way on its own, and it is still easy to close with one hand.

struts.jpg
struts2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
SEXY !!! U must be 2nd gen car, I have 1st gen.

Would like to see if they fit 2014

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
SEXY !!! U must be 2nd gen car, I have 1st gen.

Would like to see if they fit 2014
they should - the body / hardware is the same across the years '08 - current ('20)

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
620 Posts
I have a CREEK that makes everything rust here, stainless is all I buy here...……….

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting! Can you post the brand/model information of those struts or perhaps a pic of the packaging with that information?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting! Can you post the brand/model information of those struts or perhaps a pic of the packaging with that information?
I ordered them from a little company in BC Canada called Strut Wise. Guys name is Frank. Just email or call and they will sort you out. They were really helpful and will know the exact struts for you.

Don't know how long shipping will be due to current lockdowns.

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
I need these. If I hit my trunk unlock button on my keyfob, and there is the slightest wind, the trunk pushes on the lock assembly. When I go to open it, the freakin' alarm goes off. I'm hoping these will alleviate that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a company here in the US that can get you a strut to do what ever you want it to do. I'm going to order new for my 19 because the stock can't lift the Hell Cat spoiler it came with. Holds open fine, just needs a little more umphhh.

Lift Supports, Gas Springs & Gas Struts | Lift Supports Depot is one but not sure if its the one I will order from.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Corona...

A Guy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts