Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
Congrats :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
716 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the new T/A! They're sweet.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Guy every time I see your car it reminds me of mine - that car looks fantastic. What a great photo to with the Golden Gate Bridge behind it. I used to handle the west coast and was out in San Fran all the time. Love that city.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Dude just opened your thumbnail pic - wow that car is beautiful!! Great color scheme. Cheers!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all! Yeah, when I saw the Indigo Blue paint on the 392 T/A. I jumped on it. Bought it last Friday. Had it ceramic coated on Sunday. Car is beautiful and gots comments all the time. Best decision I made.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats, the 6.4 is definitely an upgrade from the 5.7. I have yet to see an Indigo Blue Challenger of any kind in person.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree. It was the biggest factor to buy for its unique paint color. I was going to get in a 6.4 no matter what. The color made it happen sooner. I posted on the mopar page on Facebook just to show my car. Mopar people messaged me this morning to submit my best pics of the car to be featured on the pages. That was icing on the cake for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Challenger
63 Posts
I like the T/A
Just based on power was it worth it getting a new car instead of just supercharging or the like with the 5.7?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For me, yes. The performance between the 5.7 and 6.4 is night and day difference. I don’t race. So the 6.4 is plenty fast for me. Plus it’s under warranty. When I pass on the highway. It’ll hit 100mph easily before I pass the person. The 6.4 is a very powerful engine. I’m very pleased.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
Guy every time I see your car it reminds me of mine - that car looks fantastic. What a great photo to with the Golden Gate Bridge behind it. I used to handle the west coast and was out in San Fran all the time. Love that city.
You handled the west coast? That's how those rumors got started :)

I agree. It was the biggest factor to buy for its unique paint color. I was going to get in a 6.4 no matter what. The color made it happen sooner. I posted on the mopar page on Facebook just to show my car. Mopar people messaged me this morning to submit my best pics of the car to be featured on the pages. That was icing on the cake for me.
Congrats :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
For me, yes. The performance between the 5.7 and 6.4 is night and day difference. I don’t race. So the 6.4 is plenty fast for me. Plus it’s under warranty. When I pass on the highway. It’ll hit 100mph easily before I pass the person. The 6.4 is a very powerful engine. I’m very pleased.
Congrats on your T/A 392 - hopefully you didn't get too much of a hit going from the 1st one to the 2nd one in such a short span of time.

110hp and 75-85ft.lb. is definitely noticeable as you've experienced. Even at lower rpm, there's differences - and then there's the brakes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fortunately, I wasn’t upside down on the trade in. I owed around $14k on the 2017 5.7 T/A and they gave me $32k for trade in and I put $10k as a down payment. So my payments for the new car is very manageable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on your T/A 392 - hopefully you didn't get too much of a hit going from the 1st one to the 2nd one in such a short span of time.

110hp and 75-85ft.lb. is definitely noticeable as you've experienced. Even at lower rpm, there's differences - and then there's the brakes.
Yes. The biggest adjustment is getting used to the brembo brakes. So touchy. And when you need to stop. Oh they’ll stop you alright. Lol. I found out quickly the first time I got on them. Thought I was going to get rear ended by how quickly I was stopping.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
That is an awesome car man. I am doing a search for one near me in that color. I may be upgrading. That car in that color seems to be speaking to me....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Love the T/A. I'm thinking real hard about one in Maximum Steel. Read on another thread that the T/A Trunk Lid and Roof are vinyl wrap. Is that true? I thought that the hood/roof/trunk lid were all painted black with a satin finish. I figured the T/A stripe was a decal (that's why they offer a stripe-delete, which I would definitely do). But I'm not sure I want huge black vinyl stickers on my hood/roof/trunk.

Are they paint or decals?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts