Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 1 2012 dodge challenger rt pretty base NO navigation 6 speakers i always see factory kicker subs and the factory amps i wanted to put just a small 8in sub in the rear deck lid wich iv alredy installed but its not geting enough power for its true protential so i need a amp i was wonder to just gt he factory chrsler amp but not sure if its just plug and play im very new to this its my first car i canr afford to go to a audio shop and have them do it

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I'm looking into this as well, for the past 2 days doing research. If i find out what's required before someone responds to my other posts i'll get back to ya. But until then FREE BUMP!

·
Premium Member
7,291 Posts
I got an LC2i and a separate 100W amp to power my 8" subwoofer. Feeds clean lows. I still have to be careful not to over-power the small subwoofer.

My system is not the hard thumping rattle the windows type, but that is not what I was after.

·
Registered
972 Posts
X2 on the LC2i. You tap into the rear speaker wires for the signal, pull power from the batter in the trunk, and plug the rca outputs on the LC2i to the inputs on your small aftermarket amp and you're in business.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Even with the 6 speaker system the 8" sub pre wired is a good hookup?

So my understanding is you just bought and LC2i and an amp along with an 8" speaker and that's it...:hippy:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Even with the 6 speaker system the 8" sub pre wired is a good hookup?

So my understanding is you just bought and LC2i and an amp along with an 8" speaker and that's it...:hippy:
Personally I chose to do a 12" in a ported box, as the open air infinite baffle type of mount which is the stock rear deck location isn't ideal in a lot of ways. However, it certainly works and people do go that route for a very simple and unobtrusive install. Regardless, it is the same principle - rear speaker wires to LC2i, LC2i to aftermarket amp, aftermarket amp to sub. Pretty simple.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
My problem is air bags, I have a tank and compressor in my trunk so I wanted to use the rear deck. I wouldn't have much space with subs in a box and tank back there.

·
Registered
972 Posts
My problem is air bags, I have a tank and compressor in my trunk so I wanted to use the rear deck. I wouldn't have much space with subs in a box and tank back there.
Makes sense. Try to find 8" subs which are identified as free air or infinite baffle. The nice thing is the 8" hole is already there in the rear deck (just covered with a sticky sheet of sound deadener material) even if the car didn't come with the sub, so it's pretty simple to add one. This is not my area of expertise so someone else may chime in with recommendations or you may be able to find threads with more detail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts