Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m new into the Challenger game and want to learn more about my car. I have a 2018 Dodge Challenger SXT 3.6L. I Wondering what I could do to my car in order to maybe pump out a little more HP or lower the 0-60 speed? Making it sound a little more mean would be cool too. I can’t go too expensive though.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
Going expensive and adding a super charger on it is the only way you'll add any appreciable HP on the 3.6 engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are needing HP from your 3.6L, you bought the wrong engine.
I just got it for my first car I'm 17 and the guy selling it was a friend so the price was really low. That's How I got it. My parents bought it for me for my first car.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
An intake will make more noise, but do very, very little. While I don't agree that you shouldn't wrench on your car, I'd not pour a lot of money into it. Just enjoy a good looking ride.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) For sound, exhaust and CAI will get you some sound. How good depends on what you do. Most if not all cat back exhaust systems will sound good. With an exhaust, the CAI will make it sound deeper. With just the CAI you'll get some more intake sound. Neither will net you any noticeable power, it's sound and bling

More power and quicker 0-60 is an expensive proposition. I haven't bothered to try to achieve any performance increase as the V6 is no slouch. I chose to go for appearance mods including the Quad round exhaust tips that came on the Solo cat back, which sounds good

A Guy

Reactions: KillerCoop13

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) For sound, exhaust and CAI will get you some sound. How good depends on what you do. Most if not all cat back exhaust systems will sound good. With an exhaust, the CAI will make it sound deeper. With just the CAI you'll get some more intake sound. Neither will net you any noticeable power, it's sound and bling

More power and quicker 0-60 is an expensive proposition. I haven't bothered to try to achieve any performance increase as the V6 is no slouch. I chose to go for appearance mods including the Quad round exhaust tips that came on the Solo cat back, which sounds good

A Guy
Thank you for the helpful information. I'm going to look into those things.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,521 Posts
If I had a V6 I would get a Hellcat lower airbox, an unlocked PCM, and a tuner.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,521 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
Qualifies as expensive though. Also will void parts of your warranty. Might pick up 10-15 HP, but then need to run 91-93 octane to get that. It IS a way to get a bit more power, but it's far from cheap :(

A Guy

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Maybe better wider tires for better grip will increase your times. Better tire grip no more spinning the tires as much. I got 5.6 0-60 with the GY Super tires. Now I have Copper tires and only getting 5.9 so tires make a difference. I'm 57 and soon I see a Scat in my future till then I love my 3.6L.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts