Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Group,
I am back.. just bought a 2014 SRT8 Header Orange Challenger.. six speed manual.
I want to upgrade the exhaust.. don't want to change the headers .. but want the best set up I can get.
If money is no issue does anyone know best of best set up I can do for best balance of good sound and performance..?
Thanks for the advice in advance.
Doug

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
There are may catback choices, listen to some in person and go for a ride if you can with someone. I liked the Corsa Extreme and the Zoomers cats. I went with the Zoomers and they are bad ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wWlPzPuhJ0

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Performance? Most believe that you won't get much increase in performance with exhaust only.

Sound? Different story, and there seems to be a trio of popular exhausts that lead the pack with Challenger owners:

Corsa if you like rich, higher-tone, almost exotic-sounding exhaust with zero drone.
Zoomers if you like deep, ultra-throaty, aggressively in-your-face, old-school muscle car sound.
Solo if you like something in between Corsa and Zoomers.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Performance? Most believe that you won't get much increase in performance with exhaust only.

Sound? Different story, and there seems to be a trio of popular exhausts that lead the pack with Challenger owners:

Corsa if you like rich, higher-tone, almost exotic-sounding exhaust with zero drone.
Zoomers if you like deep, ultra-throaty, aggressively in-your-face, old-school muscle car sound.
Solo if you like something in between Corsa and Zoomers.
I have to agree with you
I'm running solo straight pipes. Similar to zoomers but a little more quite when your cruising on the hi way

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got the heartthrob ones from jegs. They sound great and for only 400 bucks is a great buy. Plus Jegs has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have heartthrob as well, beastly sound, some drone in the typical ranges, but I don't care (and its my daily driver). In fact I'm wanting headers now...I shoulda done it all at once to save on install costs.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Who makes Zoomers? Corsa?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
You can't really go wrong throwing louder pipes on these Hemis. My two favoites are Borla ATAK and Corsa Extreme, however the resonater delete on my 6-speed sounds so good(without too much drone) that I haven't been able to justify the cost of a catback, especially because I don't have a tune yet so money has got to go there first! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Sorry to keep asking: who makes Zoomer?

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
however the resonater delete on my 6-speed sounds so good(without too much drone) that I haven't been able to justify the cost of a catback
Found this video and it's pretty cool,

Crank it up!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK went with Zoomer Cat back Polished

Ok so I went with Zoomers..cat back system polished steel since my car will never see a wet road.. just a weekend or evening driver.
Can't wait to hear the sound.

Doug

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
resonater delete

Do the resonators come off when the catback is installed.. sorry group I don't know much about exhaust??
Doug

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Do the resonators come off when the catback is installed.. sorry group I don't know much about exhaust??
Doug
Yes, the factory resonators and everything else behind the cats come off with a cat-back. The term "cat-back" references everything behind, or back from, the "cats" or catalytic converters.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Doug
Yes. everything from the mid-pipes (the ones with the cat. conv. in them) back gets removed, and replaced by the cat-back.

Here's a thread on my Magnaflow install, which let's you take a look at it all.

Linky.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts