Dodge Challenger Forum banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's a question. I purchased an OEM used 730n unit, got it installed in my 2013 Challenger. It works great. I want to do a software update, I know this unit was originally in a 2011 Chrysler. The vin for my Challenger isn't going to work, I don't believe. Any suggestions on how to get the update?

·
Registered
Dodge challenger rallye redline
453 Posts
Here's a question. I purchased an OEM used 730n unit, got it installed in my 2013 Challenger. It works great. I want to do a software update, I know this unit was originally in a 2011 Chrysler. The vin for my Challenger isn't going to work, I don't believe. Any suggestions on how to get the update?

https://navrepair.com/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anyone that can help me with this code on my radio is RBZ four digit security code this radio used often individual plugged it into my car says 4 digit code

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
I believe the code is just random as it is a security code. Might have to take it dealer or maybe it can be reset by a radio shop.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,820 Posts
It is usually tied to the VIN of the car it was originally installed in. Dealer should be able to provide it if it's original to your VIN. If it isn't, you'd likely need to go to dealer, make sure beforehand they are willing to help. I think I've read that OEM Auto Parts had helped some. Again, much easier if it's native to it's current VIN.

8.4AN RA4 UConnect Access GPS Navigation Radio

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those looking to get their anti theft code. I recently scored a 730n RHR on eBay for $300 in PRISTINE condition. The seller, even though he has hundreds of car parts on sale so he seems legit, did not have the VIN number in hand for the unit, so he brought down the price all the way to $300 for anyone willing to find code on their own. After much search I ran across this website; ukbookshelf.co.uk/page1.html. Emailed them first to see if they were still operating, since the layout of the site seems very outdated, and was told that for a minimum "donation" of $5 they would send me the code. All they needed was a clear picture of the top of the unit to catch all the labels. I sent them $10 and in literally less than 15 min I had the code in my inbox. Might be of help to some, check them out. BTW, thanks to all the members that have posted on this topic. My 130-730n installation took me less than 10 min thanks to all the info available here. Thanks again1

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a 2012 Challenger RT with the 130 unit. It came with Factory XM/Sirius, Bluetooth, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, Mirror/Mike, USB/Hard Drive, U-Connect Hands Free. I want to convert to a 430N with Navigation. I do not want back up camera. Can someone please tell me EXACTLY what 430N unit to purchase so it will be plug & play including, if it's a low bus or high bus unit, rhb,rhz,or rhr. If it won't be plug & play what will I need to make it so? I hope this question is easy to understand & hope the answer is also. Thank You, Jamie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully a Simple Question!

I just purchased a 2012 Challenger RT with the 130 unit. It came with Factory XM/Sirius, Bluetooth, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, Mirror/Mic, USB/Hard Drive, U-Connect Hands Free Phone & Hands Free Radio Commands. I want to convert to a 430N with Navigation. I do NOT want back up camera. Can someone please tell me EXACTLY what 430N unit to purchase so it will be plug & play with ALL my features? Including if it's a low bus or high bus, rhr, rhb, or rbz & model number & years of unit that I should purchase? If it won't be plug & play what will I need to make it so? I hope this question is easy to understand & hope the answer is also. Thank You, Jamie

·
Registered
2 Posts
After reading this thread and a few others, I decided to upgrade my 2012 R/T from the RES with handsfree and sirius, to a 730n rhr I found out of a 2014 wrecked challenger. When I connected the battery and tuned to a radio station, it went to a relatively high volume and stayed there. The steering wheel volume controls were working, but the volume didn't budge. Is there something I overlooked, or is my lack of a factory amp going to keep me from making this work? Am I better off to just go aftermarket at this point? Any advice is welcome, Thanks. Edit, Started the car and it worked, I miss my carbureted vehicles....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was the 2014 730n a game changer? Did you get this working?
Think I am in same boat. I have located 2012 730n w/ 6/mos warranty and am about to embark on the journey.
May need an adapter cable [or not?} RT+ has 6 BA speakers, blutooth, wheel buttons & sirius.
Need to add the reverse camera kit also.

After reading this thread and a few others, I decided to upgrade my 2012 R/T from the RES with handsfree and sirius, to a 730n rhr I found out of a 2014 wrecked challenger. When I connected the battery and tuned to a radio station, it went to a relatively high volume and stayed there. The steering wheel volume controls were working, but the volume didn't budge. Is there something I overlooked, or is my lack of a factory amp going to keep me from making this work? Am I better off to just go aftermarket at this point? Any advice is welcome, Thanks. Edit, Started the car and it worked, I miss my carbureted vehicles....

·
Registered
2 Posts
It actually sounded better before, I think it had more power being as it didn't have a factory amp. I'm adding a pair of JBL amps and better speakers now. We do like touch screen and GPS, but the old stereo had everything else already. Personally, I would have left the 130, but my wife wanted GPS so I was over-ruled lol.

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
I went from 130 to 430N on my 14 and it was simple plug and play and I thought it sounded better with the 430N. I would have ordered it from the factory when I ordered the car but they discontinued the 430N the month before I ordered and only had the 730 available, I thought about it but decided I wanted the Garmin based 430 nav so I ordered the car with the base 130 and Sound Group II and then did the swap myself and was totally happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds encouraging!
So the bluetooh phone stuff worked w/o add=on cable, mics & stuff?
I am thinking that my 2012 will be OK w/o the cable and will try it but I think I lose the console USB?
Thanks

·
Registered
13,963 Posts
Everything worked on my 430N install like it was factory, the voice directions, the turn display in the EVIC, bluetooth, voice commands, etc, all worked perfect. Can't remember about the console USB.

The 430 didn't need the adapter cable, only the 730 does, the 430N was truly plug and play.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
New to this, used to old fashion car radios....
I got the Sirius 730n in my 08 SRT, what does RHR, RER etc stand for?
Looking to replace it with a newer aftermarket unit that has Apple Car Play.
Does the head unit have power amps built in or are they located somewhere else in the car? (got a subwoofer in the trunk).
And what is Low Speed- Hi Speed? How do I know what mine is?

...newbie questions.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Critical information to get Security Code, thank you

I'd like to thank Chargerdude70 and this thread https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/1450434-post1.html for this critical information:

RHR (730n) 2011-2014
05064821AE
05091656AE
68224879AA
68092001AE

By narrowing down the possible models in my 2014 RT I was able to get my security code without removing my radio unit from the console. I went to http://www.ivgsoft.com/ based on another thread on these forums, and for $10 I was willing to try each of the 4 potential models until one worked. Luckily, the first model worked and I got the Security Code within 5 minutes, for $10. I had called 4 different Chrysler/Dodge dealerships and each one could not do it, and for laughably different reasons. One insisted they had to reprogram the unit. One said that information was only held at the original dealership that sold the car. One insisted on me driving there and leaving it for them to service. The last one said it was impossible to get the code.

This forum is simply awesome.

-Browclops

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I'd like to thank Chargerdude70 and this thread https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/1450434-post1.html for this critical information:

RHR (730n) 2011-2014
05064821AE
05091656AE
68224879AA
68092001AE

By narrowing down the possible models in my 2014 RT I was able to get my security code without removing my radio unit from the console. I went to http://www.ivgsoft.com/ based on another thread on these forums, and for $10 I was willing to try each of the 4 potential models until one worked. Luckily, the first model worked and I got the Security Code within 5 minutes, for $10. I had called 4 different Chrysler/Dodge dealerships and each one could not do it, and for laughably different reasons. One insisted they had to reprogram the unit. One said that information was only held at the original dealership that sold the car. One insisted on me driving there and leaving it for them to service. The last one said it was impossible to get the code.

This forum is simply awesome.

-Browclops
Finally made the upgrade from the 130 to the 730n and want to say thanks for all of the info provided here in this post. Also thanks to Browclops for compiling in the last post. It saved a lot of time in researching what is needed to complete it.

I found 68092001AE on ebay in like new condition for $240 so I grabbed it and the jumper kit C-UCTJMPK from https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/uconnect-jumper-kit SKU: Got the security code from http://www.ivgsoft.com/ (Note some sellers have the code already). There is also a video on the infotainment site that walks you through the install. It took all of 15 minutes to do it and that was taking my time.

I figure these models are getting older and there may not be a lot of people looking to do this, but thought I would post my experience with it just in case there are a few stragglers like myself.

Also you only need the Jumper kit going to the 730 as the 430 uses the same separate U connect device as the 130. The 730 has a few more features than the 430 and for the price I got on the 730 I figured having to add the jumper kit was worth it.

The seller I went through on ebay is LKQ. They had the best prices and they have really good customer support.

201 - 220 of 236 Posts