Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
I’m kinda new to the hemi game. This July I’ll have a year with my 2016 Challenger R/T w tremec 6-speed. I’ve been looking into and researching what I can do to up the airflow on this engine and I’ve seen a few options. I was leaning towards the Edelbrock Victor II EFI mani at first just for convenience and compatibility being it’s designed for the 5.7 but I’ve read it’s hot trash for N/A set ups (without upgraded internals at least). The 392 mani seems like a PITA to install because of the MSD box needed to have the active runners going. I’ve also read that the 6.1 didn’t produce good results either. It seems that all of these result in a decrease of power to N/A setups, I’m not balling like Steve Nash so I’m not looking to get into a S/C anytime soon. Can somebody point me in the right direction to some power gains and what I should to intake manifold wise?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
942 Posts
Is the car stock rn? Manifolds flow pretty well on these stock. I'd look at Long tube headers or a cam before manifold (actually the route I took too on my car). Headers cam and a tune will have you running with 6 speed scats for about $3k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the car stock rn? Manifolds flow pretty well on these stock. I'd look at Long tube headers or a cam before manifold (actually the route I took too on my car). Headers cam and a tune will have you running with 6 speed scats for about $3k
Yeah for the most part, the only thing I have added on is a Spectre performance cold air intake. It’s the lower end of CAI’s out there but most affordable. I have the hellcat lower airbox with the headlight inlet but I wasn’t gonna pay $300 for a cold filter to work with that box then to pay another $280 for the intake tube without the silencer at the time. Eventually I will upgrade to a better intake but for now I’m gonna go with other mods. Thanks for the help! I keep looking into the scat pack stage one and two kits for these cars. Seems interesting

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
942 Posts
Yeah for the most part, the only thing I have added on is a Spectre performance cold air intake. It’s the lower end of CAI’s out there but most affordable. I have the hellcat lower airbox with the headlight inlet but I wasn’t gonna pay $300 for a cold filter to work with that box then to pay another $280 for the intake tube without the silencer at the time. Eventually I will upgrade to a better intake but for now I’m gonna go with other mods. Thanks for the help! I keep looking into the scat pack stage one and two kits for these cars. Seems interesting
Scat pack stage kits are overpriced and the tunes usually suck. Only good if u wanna keep warranty. And I'm not sure about the spectre, but a lot of "cold air" intakes are actually hot air intakes and perform worse than stock so keep that in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts