Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 2016 rt plus shake but the sound its average at best, I’m thinking about adding the JL Audio sub that comes with a stealth box, I’m not very knowledgeable about car audio but
The car is powered by 276 amp, does anyone has the specs of the stock speakers and amplifier?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You’ll need to bypass the factory amplifier even if it comes with a sub from the factory. The stock amp simply isn’t powerful enough for a quality 12” sub. The stealthbox sounds great but you need to provide it with adequate power. For the cleanest install, you’ll want:

PAC AP4-CH41 (plugs into back of factory radio to get your sound signal)
500w RMS subwoofer amplifier - exact spec depends on which sub you get from JL
Amplifier kit

Install your amplifier in the spare tire compartment below the trunk floor liner. The battery is right there, making it easy to run power to your amplifier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You’ll need to bypass the factory amplifier even if it comes with a sub from the factory. The stock amp simply isn’t powerful enough for a quality 12” sub. The stealthbox sounds great but you need to provide it with adequate power. For the cleanest install, you’ll want:

PAC AP4-CH41 (plugs into back of factory radio to get your sound signal)
500w RMS subwoofer amplifier - exact spec depends on which sub you get from JL
Amplifier kit

Install your amplifier in the spare tire compartment below the trunk floor liner. The battery is right there, making it easy to run power to your amplifier.
I’m wondering how many rms watts per channel the stock amp supplies?, I was thinking of upgrading the speakers and later adding the amps ,OEM integration DSP and stealth box but I don’t know the impedance of the stock (premium) speakers so I can’t figure out if i can upgrade the sound system gradually. I tried to look for an answer in older threads but couldn’t find the impedance of the 6 alpine “premium “ speakers it comes with anywhere ugh...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts