Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 2011 R/T with the no nav stereo w/UConnect. I would like to get something better in there since the UConnect has driven me crazy since I got the car a few years ago and I've decided to keep my Challenger for some more years.

I plan on getting an aftermarket unit with Apple and Android play along with whatever wiring adapter needed to make the steering wheel controls work. I may also need some sort of antenna adapter, too - I'm not sure. Sirius/XM isn't important to me, but I do listen to the radio one in a while when I'm not listening to the music on my phone, audiobooks, or podcasts.

What I'm looking for are any recommendations for aftermarket units. I looked at the Sony XAV-AX200 today on the way home from work. It has the features I need and I like the look of it ( and the volume knob ). The price is right at the top of what I'm willing to spend at $500. The touchscreen is acceptable, but I'd rather have a capacitive touch screen. This Sony didn't seem to allow me to ping and zoom on the Maps app, which was disconcerting.

If the radios out of the newer Dodges work in my 2011, there's a chance I will go that route. The problems I have with my UConnect are fixed in the newer models from what I saw when I drove a new Charger a few months ago. I see the stickied threads at the top of this forum I can read on upgrading my radio to a better Dodge one. I'll peruse those before asking questions on a Dodge upgrade.

Thanks for any suggestions you have!

-BEP

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was able to score a 730N nav unit on ebay for $260, car was already wired for xm, all I had to add was a $15 nav antenna and good to go, simple and cheap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to score a 730N nav unit on ebay for $260, car was already wired for xm, all I had to add was a $15 nav antenna and good to go, simple and cheap
If I could find one for that price, I'd probably go with it and skip going aftermarket. I'll keep tabs on eBay / Craigslist in case one pops up at a decent price.

-BEP

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check out Seicane. Less than $400 gets you a plug n play Android unit with capacitive touch screen, steering wheel controls, AM/FM radio app, google maps and off-line nav app, internet, you name it.. I upgraded from the 430N and would never go back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The fact that Dodge purposely makes it to where your car needs a radio attached I've seen people take their Factory radios and mount them in the trunks so they can install aftermarket radios, but if you have the money you can do what I did and buy a JL Audio fix 86,so you can run a system from your factory radio with a flag signal..I used Jl audio 6.5 c5 crossover for the rear and rear side panels and jl audio c2 6×9 for the door and I use the new pioneer ts-b350pro for the dash, Jl w7 12..with a custom built voice coil to handle 1500 rms. Running jl 1000/1 slash amps I have two more left to paint

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts