Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i want to upgrade the front brakes to 6 pistons, do i also have to upgrade the rims? I currently have 20"x9"

I was also going to upgrade the tires and put 275's on all 4 as I currently have 245's.

Also, will upgrading the brakes void warranty as they are not the initial ones that came with the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine are 20×11 with 6 piston brembo on front. You must research your current rims to see if they fit with upgrade.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are 20×11 with 6 piston brembo on front. You must research your current rims to see if they fit with upgrade.
It's because yours is a widebody and has 305's. When you order the Dynamics package, it adds 20"x9.5" rims as well. So i was wondering if the 20"x9" is fine or will i need that extra .5" to fit the 6 pistons.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
What model 20x9's do you have?

The factory WRT 20x9 wheels will fit with the 6 piston Brembos.

Several years back, a few members did add the 6 piston Brembos to their SP's with WRT wheels.

No issues.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
Is you car information in your signature? I don't see anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2017 Challenger Hemi Scat Pack Shaker
4 piston brembos/ 245 tires
20"x9" Hyper Black II Forged Alum Wheels

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
OK they will fit no problem and since you already have the 4-pistons the 6-pistons will bolt right on.

Your wheels should be +18.5mm offset, same as the 20x9.5 Hellcat wheels.

Believe somebody even ran the 6-pistons with the +25.5mm WR2 wheels and they cleared but barely.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK they will fit no problem and since you already have the 4-pistons the 6-pistons will bolt right on.

Your wheels should be +18.5mm offset, same as the 20x9.5 Hellcat wheels.

Believe somebody even ran the 6-pistons with the +25.5mm WR2 wheels and they cleared but barely.

Ok, awesome. So it's just buying the whole brake kit that includes the rotors and the calipers or can i just get the calipers and keep my current rotors? And will the 275 tires work with these rims?

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
Ok, awesome. So it's just buying the whole brake kit that includes the rotors and the calipers or can i just get the calipers and keep my current rotors? And will the 275 tires work with these rims?
Rotors and calipers and maybe brake lines not sure. Your rotors are 14.2", 6-piston rotors are 15.4" and 2-piece.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rotors and calipers and maybe brake lines not sure. Your rotors are 14.2", 6-piston rotors are 15.4" and 2-piece.

Gotcha. Do you happen to know the cheapest place to get the kit at. American Muscle has them for about 4k, but I've seen them go for less in other places. At least the ones with the black calipers. The only thing is i was thinking about getting a kit that brings the yellow calipers and the only place I've been able to find them on, was on the American Muscle website.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
I'd look for some used calipers and get the Demon performance rotors, be way cheaper. Or check with Luke at Steve White. Your rear brakes are the same as Hellcat, only the front needs to be changed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm doing this right now. I initially bought a set off Ebay that seemed in pretty good condition but when I received them last night and tore them down, a bunch of the pistons had pretty large chips in them. I am assuming someone stuck a screwdriver in there to compress the caliper at some point (came off a wrecked car). Either way, I sent them back because I just don't know how much damage is done to the pistons without completely pulling them apart. Price of them used plus rebuilding was within a few hundred dollars of buying them new.

If you are looking for the red calipers, they are on backorder for a few weeks (or so my dealer tells me). However, if you want red and need all 4 calipers (like if you are swapping from black 4 pistons), then this kit is a pretty good deal. It appears to be a dealer in OH, selling everything you need for all 4 corners brand new. Take a close look and make sure I'm not missing anything but it says they have 10 available.

After returning the damaged red ones, I bought new front Black 6 pistons for just the front on my Scat. Like previously mentioned, the rears are already the same, so for me the Black fronts will match the black rears I currently have. This dealer is local to me and they have a wholesale website, see below. Honestly, I think they have the best prices I have seen on parts (to include the rotors).

Keep in mind, if you order the caliper, seems you have to order the guide pins (2 per caliper) and anti rattle clips (1 per caliper) seperately. Below is a pic of the pins, the clips, and the part numbers for the Black 6 pistons and what I paid today. Each guide pin set comes with 2 guide pins (enough for 1 rotor), so order 2.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I found a place that can sell me the yellow 6 piston front calipers & the yellow 4 piston rear ones. $250 each for the rears & I think it was $800 each for the front

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 26 Posts