Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing the detail thing by hand for a while now, this 100 degree heat is making me feel old.

Was looking at porter cable 7424xp, what kinda other things am I going to want/need to buy? Anyone able to recommend a kit with all of the pads and backing plates I would need?

Is there a better newb friendly affordable option you recommend?

I have some decent products (meg and GG) and both cars in the stable are well maintained 2016's. Mine is only ever washed by hand, three buckets, blown dry. The wife lets her dealership wash hers up (complimentary swirls!)

Thanks,
W

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,987 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
My opinion....

After spending hundreds of dollars on detailing materials I think the porter cable 7424xp is a good safe choice. It is slow. From now on I plan to use it only for polishing...it is to risky for wax ect.....one small particle on a pad and you will introduce scratches all over you car...waxing by hand is much safer and no more tiring. Using any machine requires lots of concentration and is stressful. I order almost everything I need from Amazon, porter cable 7424xp, 5 in. backing plate, 3 in. backing plate, multiple pads, rag company microfiber, etc. I use lots of Meguiar products....m105, m205, shampoos, detail spray, .....love their Mirror Glaze line of product. Good luck!!! Hex Logic are my favorite polishing pads....beware of Chinese knockoffs!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts