Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any insight or experience with this? I dont think I can just replace the ball joints...

Any insight into the time or cost I can expect to have it done at the dealership is also welcomed...as I may just let the shop handle this one.

I DO plan to do the sway bars and sway bar end links...that I think I can manage...I hope

·
Registered
139 Posts
I purchased a set of adjustable upper control arms from summit racing. I am going to install some H&R lowering springs soon and I have heard stories that the alignment can't be brought into spec because the factory upper control arms aren't adjustable.

So my answer is: If you are lowering and going to remove the struts anyway, then the upper control arms should be an easy job while the struts are out. I'm not sure how easy it would be with the struts in place.

Why are you wanting to remove your upper control arms?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing them because on both sides the ball joint rubber is destroyed

Im blaming winter driving and crappy roads...I def didnt baby her this past winter and it was horrible here...

I dont plan to drive her that much this upcoming...But I have seen alot of cases of failed UCA balljoints on Dodge vehicles...too bad that just cant be replaced :( Or doesnt seem so...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts