Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting ready to install my catch can. However, received no instructions from UPR. Looks simple enough, but I'm trying to figure out where to put the 10mm bolt that attaches the whole thing to the engine.

Below is a picture of the internals of this can and one of its quick disconnect fittings.
[/url]IMG_0077 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

Below is a picture of the whole unit just as I took it out of the box. You can see the Z shaped bracket, its 10mm hole at the bottom, and the little baggie with a 2 inch long 10mm bolt and its spacers. Now the question is, where does it attach? Where's the threaded hole in the engine?
[/url]IMG_0074 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

Below, I'm pointing to the front face of the passenger side cylinder head. I'm pointing to the clip that holds the wire in place. However, the picture is a little blurry.
[/url]IMG_0078 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

Below, the picture is sharper, but now I'm using a wire handle to show the area I want to ask about. The circular end of the brush I'm holding sits just below a silver band wrapped around a bundle of wires attached to the front face of the cylinder head. Looks like a zip tie (seen as a black strip around that silver band) attaches it to some sort of clip inserted into a hole in the head. Is this where the 10mm mounting bolt for the catch can should go? Is this hole, that I can't see, threaded? How do I get that wire retention clip out of there? Guessing I just pry with a small flat blade screwdriver, twist, and muscle it out of the hole?
[/url]IMG_0079 by gary house, on Flickr[/IMG]

Please advise.

Gary

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Sitting around waiting for somebody to respond... and perusing the net looking at catch can videos. And as Gomer used to say...

One phone call to UPR provided with me to a video link. I found the video that describes removing the clip that I was questioning and installing that 10mm bolt into the threaded hole from which the clip was removed. Edit: unfortunately the video has disappeared since I made this post.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Finally got that rascal installed. Actually, it was easier than it looked. The small screwdriver was indeed all I needed. Once the clip that holds the wiring harness was out, I bolted the bracket into the same hole... turns out it was indeed threaded. Install was a piece of cake.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
looks good.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple small details: I put two coats of clear on this rascal before I installed it. It came in bare aluminum from the factory: shiny and nice. But we all know what happens to bare aluminum over time. Also, for me, how it looks is secondary to how it works. According to UPR, this filter removes more oil than other less expensive brands on the market. That's why I bought it. UPR also makes upgrade internals for other brands to make them more efficient. I don't want to be negative or bad mouth any other brands, but when I learned this, I asked UPR to explain. Their answer convinced me that if their technical expertise enables them to sell upgrade kits to improve the performance of other catch cans on the market, they got my vote. Even though the UPR costs a little more, it indeed became my first choice. I figure if this upgrade to my Challenger is worth doing, it's worth the extra.

Glad I did some research. Call them, ask the hard questions and you'll see what I mean.

Gary

1 - 8 of 8 Posts