Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I installed my UPR oil catch can on my 5.7 shaker. The instructions aren’t the greatest. I think I installed it right.
The fitting closest to the cylinder head goes to the PCV valve towards the back of the engine right? And the fitting closest to the radiator to the intake manifold with the shorter hose correct ? Just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys. I had to cut the hoses to fit. Anybody have pics of there’s. 5.7. Most are 6.4

Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Motor vehicle
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Fuel line

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,750 Posts
Unless the catch can’s ports are designated inlet and outlet, I don’t think it matters. As long as one side brings the PCV gases in and the other side lets them out, you can’t hook it up wrong.

If the can does have one side meant for the inlet and the other meant for the outlet, you are good assuming the left is inlet and right is outlet.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless the catch can’s ports are designated inlet and outlet, I don’t think it matters. As long as one side brings the PCV gases in and the other side lets them out, you can’t hook it up wrong.

If the can does have one side meant for the inlet and the other meant for the outlet, you are good assuming the left is inlet and right is outlet.
I appreciate the info. On the catch can they are not marked inlet or outlet. But when you u screw the can the fitting closest to the cylinder head inside is about 2 inch filter hanging inside. And the other fitting it’s a filter but flush with the top of the can. , which I’m assuming goes to the intake for clean air. I could take a picture of it if need be. Thanks again for the reply. Nobody else did 👍🏻Here’s a pic of the inside. It’s upside down. But you see where it’s deeper on one end. ? I’m assuming that’s coming from the pcv for the oil drain. And the other is high and flush for clean air.

Font Auto part Style

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,750 Posts
I appreciate the info. On the catch can they are not marked inlet or outlet. But when you u screw the can the fitting closest to the cylinder head inside is about 2 inch filter hanging inside. And the other fitting it’s a filter but flush with the top of the can. , which I’m assuming goes to the intake for clean air. I could take a picture of it if need be. Thanks again for the reply. Nobody else did Here’s a pic of the inside. It’s upside down. But you see where it’s deeper on one end. ? I’m assuming that’s coming from the pcv for the oil drain. And the other is high and flush for clean air.
You’re good(y)

I actually have a universal catch can that has the same baffle setup, and while there is a recommendation for which side of that baffle should be the inlet vs outlet (but I can’t remember which is which), in reality it does not matter.

I have actually run it both ways, and it accumulated oil both ways, and that’s all that matters I bet

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re good(y)

I actually have a universal catch can that has the same baffle setup, and while there is a recommendation for which side of that baffle should be the inlet vs outlet (but I can’t remember which is which), in reality it does not matter.

I have actually run it both ways, and it accumulated oil both ways, and that’s all that matters I bet
Thanks. I greatly appreciate it. Just wanted to make sure. I’d figure it safer to have the baffle connected to the pcv valve hose where the oil comes from and gets filter into the catch can. Then the outlet to the intake manifold for clean air. Thanks again. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
848 Posts
The shorter baffle is supposed to connect to the intake manifold. This reduces the likelihood of oil getting past the canister.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts