Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
12,985 Posts
Unless the catch can’s ports are designated inlet and outlet, I don’t think it matters. As long as one side brings the PCV gases in and the other side lets them out, you can’t hook it up wrong.

If the can does have one side meant for the inlet and the other meant for the outlet, you are good assuming the left is inlet and right is outlet.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
12,985 Posts
I appreciate the info. On the catch can they are not marked inlet or outlet. But when you u screw the can the fitting closest to the cylinder head inside is about 2 inch filter hanging inside. And the other fitting it’s a filter but flush with the top of the can. , which I’m assuming goes to the intake for clean air. I could take a picture of it if need be. Thanks again for the reply. Nobody else did Here’s a pic of the inside. It’s upside down. But you see where it’s deeper on one end. ? I’m assuming that’s coming from the pcv for the oil drain. And the other is high and flush for clean air.
You’re good(y)

I actually have a universal catch can that has the same baffle setup, and while there is a recommendation for which side of that baffle should be the inlet vs outlet (but I can’t remember which is which), in reality it does not matter.

I have actually run it both ways, and it accumulated oil both ways, and that’s all that matters I bet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.