Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPR Plug and Play Quick Release Catch Can

We have had these available for a while now and these have proven very popular! This can design utilizes a unique fitting system that works like oem style fittings vs just adding standard rubber hoses to brass fittings like some catch cans do. We keep these in stock in satin, polished and black finish for immediate shipment! These fit 05-15 Hemi Charger, Challenger, 300 or Magnum 6.1, 392 or 5.7 (without engine cover or intake silencer). These catch cans are made in the USA!

Product Details:

Hose: Heat / Oil / Petroleum / Goodyear braided 1/2 inch Hose

Our Unique Three Chamber Design to effectively trap oil

UPR Plug n Play OEM style Fitting System ( $60 value )

Bracket: UPR Z Bracket ( Billet Aluminum )

Catch Can Dimensions: 5 1/2" Tall X 2 1/2" Wide

Items Included
Billet catch can (satin)
Drain ****
Allen wrench
Z bracket
1/2 inch UPR PnP fittings
1/2 inch Billet hose ends (satin)
1/2 inch Braided hose

For more information or to order:
UPR Quick Release Catch Can 05-15 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum (Hemi)

This system will eliminate oil from your intact tract. Giving you the the best protection against oil in your cylinders, which can cause detonation and poor Perfomance

Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) system is used to recycle the gases that leak or “blow-by” the your engines piston rings and create a positive pressure in the crankcase. By venting these gases along with oil mist/vapor from the crankcase and route it back into the intake manifold so it can be burned off.

This is a poor fix from automobile manufacturers, because over time the excess oil vapor collects along the inside of the intake tract and forms a “sludge”. This leads to a variety of issues including carbon build up, retarded timing, detonation, power loss and even engine failure.

UPR's fix for the PCV system used on many engines for reducing toxic gases from being released into the atmosphere and eliminating positive crankcase pressure / Blow-By.

What does a UPR Catch Can do ?

UPR s Billet Catch Can / oil-air separator will condense and collect the oil vapor before it has any chance to reach the intake tract. As the gas and oil vapor enters UPR s can they pass through a Chambered filtering system that cools the oil vapor and gives it something to adhere to.

Then the oil forms into droplets and collect in the bottom of the UPR Catch Can so that they can later be drained. This is where the additional Chambered filtering system comes into play allowing only the clean air to pass through so it can eliminate unwanted blow by.

All engines have blow by otherwise there would be no need for a PCV system on your engine. PCV = Positive Crankcase Valve, which eliminates Positive Crankcase Pressure. UPR's Catch Can has become one of the most widely used and recommended cures for just about every application.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
So I just ordered a 2015 392 Shaker Scat Pack and looking for an oil catch can. Can you give me options and part # so I can order one. I saw a Red 392 engraved one in one of the other post and really like that one.

thanks

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
So I just ordered a 2015 392 Shaker Scat Pack and looking for an oil catch can. Can you give me options and part # so I can order one. I saw a Red 392 engraved one in one of the other post and really like that one.

thanks

Hello,

There are a couple of options for your Scat Pack!

This one that this thread is on: UPR Quick Release Catch Can 05-15 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum (Hemi)
The standard UPR can with a Z Bracket: UPR Billet Oil Catch Can 11-15 Challenger, Charger, 300 392, 6.4L
And the Advanced Catch Can: Speedlogix Advanced Billet Oil Catch Can 05-15 Challenger/Charger/300/Magnum 5.7L/6.1L/6.4L/392

Right now the only one we have in stock in red is the Advanced catch can. We are working on getting the other versions in stock in red. We currently no longer have the option for the 392 engrave as there is no one out there that is engraving that is officially licensed by Mopar to engrave their protected logos.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
Another hot seller here at SX. If you're looking for a catch can, this is a great option. Our customers have been very happy with the results, we have black & satin cans in stock.

- Alexis.

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
Do you happen to have pictures of this quick release can installed on a 392? If not, can you describe how it connects to the PCV valve and intake? Any other parts needed to make this a clean install?

Looking to replace my current Bob's catch can.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you happen to have pictures of this quick release can installed on a 392? If not, can you describe how it connects to the PCV valve and intake? Any other parts needed to make this a clean install?

Looking to replace my current Bob's catch can.

Thanks!
I'll have to dig one up, I think we have some pics from 392 installs. In the mean time here is a pic on a 5.7 which will give you a general idea of what it looks like

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
I'll have to dig one up, I think we have some pics from 392 installs. In the mean time here is a pic on a 5.7 which will give you a general idea of what it looks like
Ok, so it's just quick-release on the can side. Does the 392 version come with all the elbows and such to cleanly connect to the intake? Even just a picture of what comes in the 392 kit would be sufficient. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
Ok, so it's just quick-release on the can side. Does the 392 version come with all the elbows and such to cleanly connect to the intake? Even just a picture of what comes in the 392 kit would be sufficient. Thanks!
You reuse the rubber grommets from the factory line and the can will come with two straight male to male hose barbs to connect direct to the factory locations.

Thanks!
-Chris

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
We took a picture of what comes with the 392 kit, it is a very clean set up.

If you have any questions let us know.

-Alexis

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
We took a picture of what comes with the 392 kit, it is a very clean set up.

If you have any questions let us know.

-Alexis

Very nice, thanks! I actually decided to order this kit last night. :)

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
Install done! Piece of cake, just had to trim the inlet hose and tighten the clamps for the quick disconnects (glad I checked and didn't assume they they're already tight!).

Attachments

Reactions: Speedlogix-Sales
1 - 15 of 15 Posts