Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At muffler shop now.

Tech says mid mufflers are offset inlet/outlet.

1794’s are straight through inlet/outlet.

Says he thinks he can make it work,

Never seen this discussed here.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, they got ‘er done!

Looks beautiful and stock to me!

Now for the drive home shortly… ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Well, they got ‘er done!

Looks beautiful and stock to me!

Now for the drive home shortly… ;-)
Same with the Dynomax Race Bullets. That's why they make pipe benders. Glad it's done and looks good. Hope you like the sound!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks PK9!

Sounds great, like everyone says. Deeper, and not overly loud. Of course the cabin is so well soundproofed, it’s subjective.

Trying to find if someone has done the Vibrants or Dynomax, AND also the adaptive exhaust simulators, or wired them open. It’s my understanding the 2019 and up can be wired open, with no subsequent CEL, so no simulators needed.

Wonder what the results would be.

I’m getting to old to get under there and do that, only to possibly find drawbacks and have to undo.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
449 Posts
... AND also the adaptive exhaust simulators, or wired them open. It’s my understanding the 2019 and up can be wired open, with no subsequent CEL, so no simulators needed.

Wonder what the results would be.

I’m getting to old to get under there and do that, only to possibly find drawbacks and have to undo.
I've confirmed it works on 6.4's with mine and a buddies. Also everyone I've talked to with a 6.4 that's done it has confirmed it works. For some reason it doesn't work on the 5.7s though.

If you want to make sure, it's really easy, just unbolt the actuator and let it hang while you start the car. It's just 3 bolts and you'll know right away. If you get a light, just re-attach the actuator, if not, finish wiring the flap open.

It's really easy to do. Here's a video I made where I did it on a buddies car while in the pits at the track, and I'm 43 with a bad back and knees lol

Oh, I forgot to add, my buddies car that is in the video has the dynomax bullets so you can hear what it sounds like at the end when he starts it up

Reactions: A Guy

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks my friend!

I just ordered the Z Automotive inactive exhaust modules.

Pricey, but I like the plug n play aspect of the install.

Or, I’m just lazy! LOL!

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
449 Posts
Thanks my friend!

I just ordered the Z Automotive inactive exhaust modules.

Pricey, but I like the plug n play aspect of the install.

Or, I’m just lazy! LOL!
I actually did a video on those too! That's actually what I use on mine. I tried out the free method first to verify it works and then installed the plugs so that I could just completely remove the actuators, and eventually cut out the valves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts