Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
The fact that the Impala outsells the 300 makes me cry a little on the inside. And lose just a little more faith in humankind.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that Lutz frequents the GMINSIDER BOARD and since I post there, he used last month stat for comparing that Impala with the 300 & Charger totals in news brief. Fleet sales reveals that alot of them are sold to business.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hemidakota said:
I was told that Lutz frequents the GMINSIDER BOARD and since I post there, he used last month stat for comparing that Impala with the 300 & Charger totals in news brief. Fleet sales reveals that alot of them are sold to business.
My Uncle used to work for Chrysler (I don't know how up, but reasonably), so he always manages to get interesting news and tidbits of information. One of the things he got for us was a video about the 300 vs. the Impala.

I guess Chrysler got some of the companies with the biggest fleets of cars, and invited the higher ups to a little testing session. They had found that a lot of companies were hesitant to switch from the Impala to the 300 because of the RWD. So they took all these people to a snowy, Detroit testing ground and let these folks drive both the cars around.

With all the electronic traction and stability control in the 300, it easily outperformed the Impala. It was a neat video.

For some reason, I imagine you know all this already. :) But I thought it was a pretty interesting video. Like when they put both cars on an incline with one of the drive wheels on a sheet of ice. The Impala just sat and spun. The 300 transferred power to the tire that had traction, and up the hill it went, no problem.

Impalas make me ill. Not as ill as Malibus, but pretty ill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts