Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested there is a US Car show in Oberhaid (near Bamberg)on 21 May from 10-2000. If you are interested come on down maybe we can have a Challenger showing there. Check out the US Autoteile web site to see past shows. Its not the biggest but it is a start.

And no there is no affiliation with them I am just putting this info out there for you car affectianados and a possible get together.:thumbsup:

PM me if you are interested in getting together. Hope to see you guys/gals there.:redcap:

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Thats about 3 hours drive from where im based, so i might take the trip down south and do an overnighter, can you post up any other details?

Have you looked at my thread on the Mopar Nationals in England? Im trying to get a group of us together for the weekend in July and make a roadtrip out of it, last year was a blast.

Daz:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I´m in. I think its a nice day trip, and a good chance for a get together. Thanks R/T.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will keep you guys/gals posted. I plan on rolling out there and talking to the owner within the next day or two to get details on what he is planning. I went out there a couple of years ago and there was a live band, grilling, and 30 or so old American Muscle out there. The owner restores and sells these beautiful works of Detroit art. By the pics from last years show there was a contest with at least 1 modern Cobra and Challenger SRT.

Even if the show is small we can meet up somewhere roll out there enjoy ourselves for a while then take a cruz around the area. So the day will not be a bust. (That is unless Mother Nature wakes up in a pissy mood.)

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds like fun, I'm going to try. Gotta check my work schedule.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The latest and greatest is they are not going to have a car show competition this year at least not yet. They are co-sharing the event with Harley-Davison of Bamberg so there should be plenty of hot sleds out there as well as good old fashioned muscle. They are planning on having a live band, a US style Bar-B-Que and some special events to include a stunt show.

They kick off at 10:00 and end at 20:00. So my intent is for us to do a meet and greet at the Park and Ride for about an hour or so then roll out to US AutoTeile and hang out there for a while then if you guys and gals want to do a tour of the area or something like that we can do that.

Let me know what is a good time to meet at the park and ride for you guys and gals and I will hopefully see you there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I need about 3h to get to Bamberg. so i can start at 6 and would arrive at 9. But i would appreciate it, if we can meet little later ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
About 3 1/2 hour drive from here, have no issue leaving early enough to get there around 9. If later just let me know. Also could we get an address on the park and ride you are refering to? Got the US Auoteile address: Im Maintal 7B, 96173 Oberhaid.

Oh and no work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Park and Ride is on the corner of Memmelsdorfer Str. and Berliner Ring. the address is:
Zeppelinstraße 2
96052 Bamberg
As far as the time I will let those of you that are driving 3 Hrs or more make that call since I only live 3 min away. If you want to do a 10:00 link up at the P+R then roll out around 11:00. That is fine with me we can do latter if it is better for you. Your call I will be there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Okay, so Bfrost is furthest away and has no problems to arrive at around 9 i will be at the same time at the P&R!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like 09:00 it is. Hope to see you there. Bring all your Mopar freinds as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sadly not going to be able to make it. Wife's work decided to have a "family cook out" on Saturday. I really wanted to see the shaker hood:( Unfortunately K-town area has alot of Challengers in the area now but most of them act like they have a baseball bat shoved up you know what. Would be really cool to get them all together but don't see that happening with the attitude around here. If there is anything else going on in your area 09RT2 or you are looking to just go out and cruise let me know and we can set something up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hmm , too bad.... the more the merrier.
I hope someone shows up at the P & R at about 9 ? I will be there, perhaps some here still thinking about to go and decide on saturday, when the great wheather demands a trip with the Challenger ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree the more the merrier. We will see who shows up I have asked a few of the guys around here they seem interested but who knows. It may just be LowerBarvarian and myself. Hopefully there are others.

I still plan on crashing the party and having a grand ole time reguardless.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Car show

These are a few of the pics from the car show in Unterhaid. Unfortunatly my camera died on me so early in the morning. Lower Barvarian and myself were the only ones at the P&R.:( Maybe next time.

These pics were taken about 1030 in the morning when I rolled out at 1500 there were at a minimum of 75 cars there at any one time and there were way over 200 Harley Davison Bikes there. Great day overall.:thumbsup:

If anyone knows of any more car shows post it so maybe we can get a real crowd there. With the Mustangs to Callenger ratio 7 to one it was a big hit for the picture takers. I will be washing off the half moon prints off the windows for the next two days.:scratchhead: Gotta love it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts