Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have used USAA's Car Buying Service - have you had any luck getting dealerships to honor this price on ordered vehicles? I used the service to build a 2015 B5 Scat Pack with all the goodies I wanted (A8, sunroof, forged wheels, leather, nav, SPAG).

One dealership offered a $6k discount off MSRP, but when I contacted them they said it's only for in-stock vehicles. I know that's what the fine print says, but if you're getting a sale for a vehicle, shouldn't the dealer want to offer it on an ordered vehicle as well? A sale is a sale, right?

I did finally check out a SP in person today. Had everything I wanted but in a manual. It looks better in person than in pictures, and that exhaust!! >:) Reminded me of the Borla I put on my G8GT. Plenty of headroom with the sunroof too. I knew I wouldn't get far with this dealer when the salesperson said they don't offer Scat Packs with an automatic.:notallthere:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also used it to order my 2015 SRT. I did not have any issues with it being honored. The dealer even told me it's not like there are 10-15 SRT's / Scatpack's sitting on the lot at any time. They also had not issue honoring the $1000 rebate cert (if its still availible) I got by going throught USAA.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Me too. They beat the True Car/USAA price and after a few phone calls, they honored the $1000 rebate as well on my ordered SRT. They had never seen the USAA rebate before and had to check it out to make sure it was the real deal.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The dealer was probably afraid that you wuz gonna "wrap him in da head wit a ratchet!" If he didn't make the sale.

For those youngunz out there...you had to know who the Jerky Boys were !

·
Registered
786 Posts
One dealership offered a $6k discount off MSRP, but when I contacted them they said it's only for in-stock vehicles. I know that's what the fine print says, but if you're getting a sale for a vehicle, shouldn't the dealer want to offer it on an ordered vehicle as well? A sale is a sale, right?
In answer to your question, not quite.

When a dealer takes delivery of a new auto from the factory, the dealer will have to pay the dealer or pay interest on the vehicle within about a month to 45 days of taking delivery, if it does not sell within that time frame.

The longer a vehicle sits on a lot, the more it costs the dealer in interest payments and tied up capital costing. This incentivises the dealer to get the sales managers and sales representatives move "iron" on the lot.

An ordered vehicle costs the dealer effectively nothing but time, but doesn't reduce their inventory since the dealer is merely acting as a purchasing agent.

If the car has been on the lot for more than two months, it is costing the dealer money, hence, that's the reason some are reluctant to order cars for customers who might back out in the near future.

·
Registered
194 Posts
In answer to your question, not quite.

If the car has been on the lot for more than two months, it is costing the dealer money, hence, that's the reason some are reluctant to order cars for customers who might back out in the near future.
That is why the dealer asks for a deposit.
And if they sell the car at invoice, they still make holdback - which on an SRT is almost $1500....if they sell the car near sticker they make anywhere between $3k and $4k. Dealers love sold orders.

By the way, I checked USAA and they still offer a $1k rebate on top of the true car pricing. This money comes from FCA, so the dealer does not take a hit.

·
Registered
786 Posts
A sold order is fine, yet when a dealer has a number of SXT models that aren't selling in their particular region sitting on the lot for months, the stoichiometry of frozen capital is balanced against the sold order.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,499 Posts
Just out of curiosity, could you Guys that used the USAA buying service mind posting up what you paid.

If it's none of my business, then I understand if you tell me to go pack sand!

Thanks in advance! :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
FWIW, the USAA incentive is not combinable with the military incentive that FCA is currently offering through the dealership, and I believe they're both $1K.

·
Registered
194 Posts
FWIW, the USAA incentive is not combinable with the military incentive that FCA is currently offering through the dealership, and I believe they're both $1K.

In April, the Military was $500 but USAA was $1000. After a bunch of back and forthing with the dealer I found out that the Military discount was not available for the SRT...
so I only got to use the USAA - so I did not get to check.

I've never seen anything saying the discounts could not be stacked. How did you find this out.

I have to admit the info on these discounts is very cryptic. My dealer had to show it to me on his computer screen.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
34 Posts
looking at USAAs website, it now appears that SRT models don't qualify for the $1,000 rebate. I could have sworn that this was not excluded a few weeks ago when i ordered my 2016. I will be taking delivery of my SRT 392 this week, so I guess I'll find out if i can still get the $1k rebate.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
When I bought my RT Plus, 2 years ago, you couldn't get the rebate on an SRT.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was under the impression that the USAA discount did not apply to SRTs, but maybe that was just the $500 Dodge rebate. As long as my SP arrives before January 2nd so I can use the USAA rebate.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I bought my 2015 SRT last November and the USAA discount did not apply.

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I picked up SRT in April 2015 I used the $1000 USAA, but the Military $500 was excluded from SRT's.
Like I said, the whole "secret discounts" are very cryptic. There is nothing in the Dodge website that says the Mil discount does not apply to SRT's, but my dealer logged in and showed me on the screen how it did not apply. I was like "this information would have been more valuable last week"...At least I got the $1k I wish it was more transparent.

If you get the car at the TrueCar/USAA price at invoice and you stack the USAA $1k - you beat the employee price nicely. Too bad if they removed it from SRT's Seems like they are getting a tad greedy - raise the MSRP and deleted some of the special discounts.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts